Don't Wish It Away

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

woods

Don't Wish It Away

Post by woods » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:33 am

I'm new - hope this is the right area to post a sng for critique etc.Thanks, Woods.Don't Wish It Away© MBJ Aug 10/07When you’re down you beat yourself upTill you feel even colder When you’re alone you wish you’re somebody elseSomeone who’s just a little bit older(Chorus)But don’t wish it awayLife’s fast enough as it isSo don’t wish it awayDon’t wish it awayYou feel so small like there’s never enoughIn the things that you doJust a little one who wants to grow upTo catch the ones you think are so high above you(Chorus)But don’t wish it awayLife’s fast enough as it isSo don’t wish it awayDon’t wish it away(Bridge)When you’re wishingYour precious moments awayI’ll be near youTo help you keep from whishing them awayCopyright © 2007; Ruro Music

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Don't Wish It Away

Post by dgolding » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi woods, and welcome to the boards.With just guitar and the vocal to critique, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as I'm not a lyricist or a singer.I would say that maybe the guitar needs a little compressing, just to even out the dynamics a bit, and maybe a little squirt of top end eq to sweeten up it's sound a little? As for the song itself, it's a nice theme, and the hook is ok. Some of the lines, however, sound perhaps a little rushed and uncomfortable to sing.Its always going to be hard to get light and shade in a song with no other instruments to help, so in order to keep the interest, the words and singing have to be strong. I think the song certainly has potential, and with a little tweaking could be very pleasing. Well done.
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

woods

Post by woods » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:47 am

Thanks David,Since I'm new I really don't know my way around here. Maybe you could help me with a couple things, if you haver the time?First, did I post the song and Soundclick link in the correct Taxi forum?What is a listing - that I hear mentioned quite alot.What is a forward? I mean I think I gather that it is a song that is referred or passed on to a favorable place or person. And I read another thread that you posted in - about the forward of the song "Girl from NY City" and Chit has a special little place on the Taxi board (although it said it was temporary) where a couple of his songs are posted to be played. Should I or can I set that up or is that for longer term members of the Taxi board?Finally, do you have an email? Or how do people do private messaging back and forth on the Taxi boards?Thanks,Woods

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 am

First, did I post the song and Soundclick link in the correct Taxi forum?Yep, no problemo.What is a listing - that I hear mentioned quite alot.http://www.taxi.com/about.html?About-bar That probably explains it all better than I would. Click on the 'Industry Listings' link to see the actual listings.What is a forward? I mean I think I gather that it is a song that is referred or passed on to a favorable place or person. If you submit a song for a listing, and Taxi passes it on to their client, it's called a forward. And I read another thread that you posted in - about the forward of the song "Girl from NY City" and Chit has a special little place on the Taxi board (although it said it was temporary) where a couple of his songs are posted to be played. Should I or can I set that up or is that for longer term members of the Taxi board?Not sure what you mean here. You can host your songs with Taxi if you're a member, if that's what you mean.Finally, do you have an email? Or how do people do private messaging back and forth on the Taxi boards?david@goldingmultimedia.com The private mesage button is at the top of the page as I recall.If you go to the main taxi site, taxi.com, there's a whole bunch of useful info to let you know what it's all about.
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

woods

Post by woods » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:28 am

Thanks.Wooww this TAxi offers quite a ride. More scope than alot of the boards out there.I notice that there is a fee for more indepth critiques and other services. But I wonder - Do the same folks who do the "for fee" work - do they lurk or hang out in the free places like this particular peer to peer forum? For example - do you guys also do the for fee stuff?thanks,Woods

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:10 am

I think you may have stumbled upon the cart not knowing there was a horse in front of it. TAXI is a business, an A&R ("artists & repertoire") service that helps us "little people" who don't live in New York or L.A. get our music heard by music industry people. The industry folks get a good deal because TAXI screens our submissions and only forwards the ones that fit what the client is looking for, so they don't have to wade through piles and piles of CDs that don't fit their needs.This forum is just part of the TAXI Web site where TAXI members - or anyone else - can ask questions like "what do you think my song needs," offer critiques, share info, pat each other on the back, etc. The people who actively post here are a tiny fraction of TAXI's membership, but I gotta tell you - I joined TAXI in January and the education I've gotten just from reading these boards has been worth every penny!!TAXI has a couple of staffers who will jump in and contribute messages when it's warranted, but the rest of us on the boards are just members & buddies. The screeners who listen to your music when you submit to a listing are professional music industry people doing their jobs.Glad to have you on the boards if you're interested in making music. Hope this helps!Kathleen

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:23 am

Quote:Thanks.Wooww this TAxi offers quite a ride. More scope than alot of the boards out there.I notice that there is a fee for more indepth critiques and other services. But I wonder - Do the same folks who do the "for fee" work - do they lurk or hang out in the free places like this particular peer to peer forum? For example - do you guys also do the for fee stuff?thanks,WoodsThis forum is only hosted by Taxi.com, the content is mostly from us lurkers. The lurkers here are either Taxi members or non-member forum users. Those who actually work for Taxi will either be site administrators or have Taxi in their forum name.But if you're buying, I'm sure there are several forum members who would accept a fee for a critique --- though you'll get a lot of helpful feedback for free right here.Aub