Mystery/Suspense/Horror

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Mystery/Suspense/Horror

Post by mixopenta » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:52 am

I haven't been posting for awhile, it's summer and every opportunity to be outside has to be prioritized. The summer is over in a heartbeat these days, despite the fx of global warming it seems. Now back from vacation to the day gig I have some time to roam the taxi forum again. I was planning to submit to this listing in September:NEW LISTING -- The Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/HORROR SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending -- no fade-outs.Some months ago I submitted some suspense snippets for review on these boards, and got some valuable input from a lot of people, especially Mr Walton who gave me some detailed advice. Based on this input, I made a few more of these snippets and to me, it was a great improvement.(The origin of these tracks, along with watching too much CSI, were to try out Michael Laskow's idea of the possibility of creating 1000 tracks a year. The first four came about in one day, but to keep that pace for another 249 days....well that seems kind of beyond the horizon of my ability) The drawback of these tracks is that I'm a bit uncertain if they are "in scope" for this particular listing. They should probably be longer (they are in the 30-60 sec range), and the melodic content might be a bit on the thin side. The "songs" I have uploaded and thinking of boosting are: (consider the titles to be w.i.p.) - Moment of Retaliation- The Waiting- In the hallwayand are located here:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... tID=26280I have about nine tracks that sounds about the same as these, and what I would like is feedback on whether or not it would be any idea at all to make these tracks a bit longer, and perhaps create some melodies on top, or if they are better off left in the drawer, and me to get back to the drawing board to create new one's. A general point of view.Ulf

mhoffman
Active
Active

Re: Mystery/Suspense/Horror

Post by mhoffman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:46 am

I like them all. You've done a particularly good job on In the Hallway. I like the use of the xilophone. It gives it a misleading innocents in the contexts of the omonous horn section.

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:30 am

I thought they were pretty cool, I could see them in a number of TV/Film spots... Good Luck!!
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:38 pm

I thought that "The Waiting" and "In The Hallway" were very good and on target. Regarding "Moment Of Retaliation", I don't know... as compared to the other two it seemed to sound "too nice". As far as sound and mood goes on this listing, definitely the darker the better.As a general rule, tracks should be between 1:30 and 2:30 in length unless they specify otherwise.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:44 am

Thanks for all your kind words, I have some darker sounding tracks as well, so I'll put a couple of them on to my working desk.Thanks!

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:23 pm

I could easily imagine these pieces on TV. They all sound great to me.I had a little listen to Savannah Trek while I was on your Broadjam site, especially as I live 30 mins from Savannah. Anyways, very nice tune. I bookmarked so I can go back and check out the rest of them.
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:23 am

Thanks David, it's always feels good to get positive reactions!