Redneck Riviera

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Redneck Riviera

Post by carr » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:15 pm

this one went out to demo and it stank..Here is a version done by my Main Collab Partner and it is sweethttp://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtrack.php? ... 898Redneck Riviera © Kip Marchetti BMI/ John Westwood APRAIntro ChorusBarefoot in the sand on the redneck rivieraconch shells blowing and parties in the streeta dying sun over blue green water The ocean's blinking back at you ,a refuge from the heat T shirts soaking,Policemen on the beatBabes in bikinis ,Turning up the heatstrong Margaritas, long frozen glasses,discreet invitations and obvious passesWatch the six pack rhythms walking down the street feel the sound tapping from their feetTaste the excitement, hear the beat its a panorama , got lots of tropicanaThe girls are glowing, the boys are romancingbands are rocking, people crazy dancingThe music echoes , Lambada sets the beat On the redneck riviera where so many people meetWatch the six pack rhythms walking down the street feel the sound of music tapping from their feetTaste the excitement, hear the beat its a panorama lots of tropicanaRedneck Riviera, Jewel of the southResting on the gulf near the mississippi mouthWatch the six pack rhythms walking down the street feel the sound of music tapping from their feetTaste the excitement, hear the beat its a panorama got lots of tropicanaBarefoot in the sand on the redneck rivieraconch shells blowing and parties in the streeta dying sun over blue green water The ocean's blinking back at you ,a refuge from the heat Barefoot in the sand on the redneck rivieraconch shells blowing and parties in the streeta dying sun over blue green water The ocean's blinking back at you ,a refuge from the heat Redneck Riviera, Jewel of the southResting on the gulf near the mississippi mouth

vhee

Re: Redneck Riviera

Post by vhee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Well that has a nice Jimmy Buffet feel to it and the tones/chords certainly add to the air/feel of the work. Very nice.However I found it wandering on and on and on. I was expecting a "blam" acoustic for the a chorus rush with a bit more powerful chorus, maybe even some hoots (female vocals) in the background before or even after the chorus. But it has a pleasant feel to it, but to it would need some more work, mostly in its delivery.

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:39 pm

It has a bass line buried in th m ix somewhere which ought to give it a kick along but it didnt come out. back the mixing desk I guess.j

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:01 am

The vibe with the steel drum is nice and could be even more pervasive. I think the background guitar with the tremolo is overdone, especially when it is the main backing instrument. It strikes me as too harsh. An acoustic guitar might fill in nicely. There is something odd to my ear about the drum sound. It breaks up or something. I would think a cleaner bongo or conga sound would carry the feel better.I like where you are going with this.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 am

I liked the song....it's something that Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffett would sing of course....my only problem is that the market might be too over saturated with these types of songs.I've written a song like this too, the beach thingy, and I'm toying with demoing it....just don't know if the time for these types of songs have past because Kenny Chesney has been there and done that so many times. Good job on your part though.

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:11 pm

I wrote the lyric in 2004 . it was one of my earliest.never had anyone interested in putting it to music even tho the lyric had lotsa favourable comment ( not to mention raging controversy about Redneck Riveieras NOT being close to the Mississipi mouth lol )

rick
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rick » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:08 am

You start out with a great title and follow that with a lyric that has alot of imagery.the negative on this song is the lack of structure and well defined hook.the song rambles to much and the title is not repeated enough.structure wise a verse chorus-verse chorus (abab)would work well with this style of song.

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Quote:I liked the song....it's something that Kenny Chesney or Jimmy Buffett would sing of course....my only problem is that the market might be too over saturated with these types of songs.I've written a song like this too, the beach thingy, and I'm toying with demoing it....just don't know if the time for these types of songs have past because Kenny Chesney has been there and done that so many times. Good job on your part though. I must admit I am a little worried if love songs have been over done too

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:36 pm

Liked the Buffett feel (I am a fan of his). Also, liked the Mississippi angle (my lovely wife is from Mississippi). Imagery is very cool, works well. The song has very nice flow and the lyric rides well on the melody. If you are looking to improve it, I echo what Rick said above.Dean