Re: Do you imagine me?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

vhee

Post by vhee » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:36 pm

I like it, nice easy going tune. One thing (for me anyway) since I'm not a professional musician, so all I can state is my perspective as a listener. Its not something I would notice if I were at a party and it was playing in the background, (I grew up in the 70-80's) in that sense, it has a catchy feel, but there isn't enough "umph" to the hook.

dayson1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by dayson1 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi Songwriter, I liked this Very catchy song. I think it could be even catchier if you had a bit more variation is the chorus, maybe more harmonies that really jump out. I think this has some potential, just needs a little more variation in the vocal department. Best of luck with it -Dana
Dana

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:04 pm

The 'I can give you what you need' is a tremendous hook. I presume that's the first part of the chorus - I thought the second half (down to 'imagine') wasn't quite as strong.I loved the Theremin but thought there was too much of it.It really is a catchy pop song. You're very prolific too!Liamwww.myspace.com/liamkellymusic

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

SongwriterI've listened again and you're absolutely right. Lyrically, there is an important resolve with the 'imagine me' at the end of each chorus.It's just that the 'what you need' really stuck for me.There is a danger in reviewing songs that one always seeks the immediate attraction. I'm afraid I usually fall into this trap - I'm not a very good reviewer I'm afraid.But I'll stand by what I originally wrote - the song is good, the Theremin sound is overdone, the 'what you need' is very compelling.Liam