brand new song..."I Can Endure"...take a listen

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

brand new song..."I Can Endure"...take a listen

Post by apjc10 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:02 pm

Just wrote it today...let me know what you think. It is only written up to the second chorus so that is all I gave you. Any comments are appreciated but you should know I am a writer not really a producer...but feel free to comment because I am trying to get better in that area. There are some rough parts in the vocal...sorry about that.God bless."I Can Endure"http://taxi.com/alanpowell

kontakt

Re: brand new song..."I Can Endure"...take a liste

Post by kontakt » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm

On the whole, I like what you have so far. The vocals could be a little louder since i can barely hear them over the piano. I don't like the drums at the start of the second verse. They sound too out of place. I'm not saying don't use drums but the samples you're using aren't working for me. Lastly, the chorus seems a bit short and repetitive. There's no change in the melody. It's just repeated with different lyrics.It seems to be a good start though. Good luck.MT

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:03 am

I like it. I can imagine this being a cracking song if you can nail the production. Looking forward to hearing this as it progresses.
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

tuite
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by tuite » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:43 pm

I like it too! The second vocal is too loud in the scond chorus though. There are other small problems too and some of the lines sound a little awkward because they`re too long. Experiment with different lyrics or different melodies. Alternatively, submit it to a pop listing for a producer looking for a song. I`m sure he`ll see the quality in it?Well done,Colm.

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by triviul » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 am

I liked the melody and harmony, and also the section when the programmed part kicked in, but I'm afraid the piano part brought me out in a bit of a rash. It's possible that I'm just being too much of a muso here (moi?! ), but I just feel it in my bones that there is a much better part out there somewhere. I'm not talking about changing any harmonies or anything, because I like what those are doing -- it's simply the way the piano arrangement is putting the harmonies across which I think isn't doing justice to the idea. Other than that, the vocals are up to the usual high standard, and your voice layers very nicely with itself.