Re: Anyone want to share commercial clips?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Tue May 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Quote:PS - I just uploaded my final track... Bulles de Salonhttp://www.taxi.com/vikkiflawith That could also go well in a Japanese show Vikki.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm

Quote:Here are the three I came up with in the end. I decided to think of them as mini songs keeping the 10 + 20 second structure in mind. I knew I couldn't match anything orchestral some of the experts on here can come up with so I steered towards different ideas.Demo #1Demo #2Demo #3Personally, I like #1, not only from a music standpoint but from the standpoint of how it fits the listing.You'd have no way of knowing this, but the beginning (before the piano comes in) is very similar to the music that St Francis Medical Center uses here in Cape Girardeau. It's been their "signature" music for many, many years. Obviously that style of music was useful to them... why not for the French?

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Wow! What a great collection of cuts. I think everyone put on their best berets for this challenge! Let's all raise a glass of Burgundy and toast each other on a job well done!Seriously, I don't have a favorite, I really enjoyed each piece and each stands on it's own merits. So what if it's a lottery, it made us all step up to the plate and get it together!!!On to the next musical challenge!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue May 15, 2007 1:53 pm

Quote:Hi Vikki. You picked a cheery theme for your submission which I like. I also was drawn to the idea of vocals as an instrument. I'm glad the listing left that door open. I listened to your most recent version. It sounded mono to me, and winamp also shows it as a 128 kbps mono file. You may want to check your mix and see if it is a stereo recording.Oops! I had done a mono mix-down to check the mix and then forgot to change the settings when I was doing my final. I uploaded a new 192k mp3 (the 128 is taximusic's doing). Thanks for noticing!!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue May 15, 2007 2:01 pm

Quote:Wow! What a great collection of cuts. I think everyone put on their best berets for this challenge! Let's all raise a glass of Burgundy and toast each other on a job well done!Seriously, I don't have a favorite, I really enjoyed each piece and each stands on it's own merits. So what if it's a lottery, it made us all step up to the plate and get it together!!!On to the next musical challenge!MazzI think all these 30 sec clips should go on one of Michael Laskow's Taxi member compilations (musak de landrette). There's an immense amount of talent & production abilities demonstrated on this thread. Ya'll should be proud.How many folks are penning opera arias as we speak?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 pm

Quote:Quote:I went with more of a French feel for my first submission (I'll have at least one more)...this is one I happened to have already...http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artist_ ... 336855This was my favorite, spariam. It gets my vote!Thanks Steve! Listening to your track took me back to the Left Bank...very nice indeed.

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Tue May 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Quote:Here are the three I came up with in the end. I decided to think of them as mini songs keeping the 10 + 20 second structure in mind. I knew I couldn't match anything orchestral some of the experts on here can come up with so I steered towards different ideas.Demo #1Demo #2Demo #3These are really nice...I could never pull off the "voice as an instrument" you do. That's really sweet.

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Tue May 15, 2007 2:30 pm

Quote:Wow! What a great collection of cuts. I think everyone put on their best berets for this challenge! Let's all raise a glass of Burgundy and toast each other on a job well done!Seriously, I don't have a favorite, I really enjoyed each piece and each stands on it's own merits. So what if it's a lottery, it made us all step up to the plate and get it together!!!On to the next musical challenge!MazzAgreed...it was really enjoyable to hear all the great interpretations of this listing.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed May 16, 2007 10:25 am

Quote:Quote:Wow! What a great collection of cuts. I think everyone put on their best berets for this challenge! Let's all raise a glass of Burgundy and toast each other on a job well done!Seriously, I don't have a favorite, I really enjoyed each piece and each stands on it's own merits. So what if it's a lottery, it made us all step up to the plate and get it together!!!On to the next musical challenge!MazzI think all these 30 sec clips should go on one of Michael Laskow's Taxi member compilations (musak de landrette). There's an immense amount of talent & production abilities demonstrated on this thread. Ya'll should be proud.How many folks are penning opera arias as we speak? Well, if hollywood ever want to make a sequel to the film "My beautiful launderette". They know where to come for most of their soundtrack
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.