Lend me your ears.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Lend me your ears.

Post by walter327 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:43 am

Do me a favor folks. I have a patriotic song that was recorded live for a radio show back in 2004. Finally got it transferred to CD and uploaded to garageband. I would really appreciate a listen, especially from fellow Americans. But, not just..... I realize it's not fully orchestrated yet. But, what do ya think of what I have so far? What other instruments do you hear accompanying? I'm excited about this particular song, as I feel it is one of my more powerful messages. By the way, I'm not saying I agree with any war. I'm saying the freedom we have the privilege of enjoying in this country doesn't come free. There's a great deal of blood in this soil, and some of it runs in my veins. Corny, but true.The URL is http://www.garageband.com/artist/walterwcomer . If this doesn't work, search up Walter W. Comer in the "Artist" box. The song is, "In America". 'Nuff blabbin'.
I shall wipe every tear from their eyes....

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Lend me your ears.

Post by sgs4u » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:39 pm

I sent you a PM.

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Walt, I gave it a listen. Nice effort. The streaming audio sounded muffled and distorted. Might be on their end. Keep it up.best,bc

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:21 am

OOps posted this in Lyric loversNice shimmering guitar sound and very appropriate to the message.Without a Lift or key change its seems a little long even tho it runs at 3:41. In a fuller demo additional instruments would probably give it that. I can hear a mournful slow Clapton solo in this one and some additional Vox.I like itJ

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by walter327 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:44 am

Thanks, John.I continue to reach out for collaboration to overcome my weaknesses. But, nothing concrete so far.Walt
I shall wipe every tear from their eyes....

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:59 am

Quote:Thanks, John.I continue to reach out for collaboration to overcome my weaknesses. But, nothing concrete so far.WaltMaybe ..... try Benny Leverton over at Songramp.com.. dont know what his work load is or if it will tickle his fancy but he did some guitar licks on one of mine..http://www.songramp.com/homepage.php?userid=18234

westborn

Post by westborn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:42 am

Gave it a listen:I agree with the chord change suggestion. You need to get on that guitar and sing the crap out of it. Then you'll find what you're looking for. You're singing it like you're in church....sing it like there's 700 marines listening. If you need to see that many...go to my site...I sing at Camp Pendleton regularly.There's great lines in it......just put some vazoomp in it!Westborn out4now