Never done before

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nakuser

Never done before

Post by nakuser » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:09 am

HiI have a new track , I have never done a song of this style. The song is called "Nobody".www.myspace.com/nakedimusicI'm trying to write in different styles, if you check on my profile the song called "Summer days" is a house track. I was virgin to house music when I did that. That song won #1 last year in May on www.songoftheyear.com for the dance category. The final results are out in a few weeks time. If I get an opportunity to write in some genre I have never ever touched would be cool...Please tell me what you think of this song "Nobody"..Chao!!!

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Never done before

Post by zircon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:56 pm

What? Dance? *perks up* Oh boo, that was the other track (which is cool, btw)The particular style of this one isn't something I often listen to so it's hard for me to be specific The beats are pretty huge; I'm liking that, I do a lot of big beat/breakbeat myself so I can appreciate some massive kicks + claps. There are some production things I would bring up but since (I assume) this isn't a final cut of the track I think they can be overlooked. I do feel like the instrumentation could be thicker. Some soft pads in the background. Maybe roll off the kick in the lows and try putting in a bass instrument of some kind too. It would feel more filled out to me if you did that. Can't really comment on anything else. Again, the genre isn't my specialty - lyrics and melody sounds good to me, and I like the progression. Would be nice to hear more.

nakuser

Post by nakuser » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks man.... will let you know when we done with it..

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Quote:HiI have a new track , I have never done a song of this style. The song is called "Nobody".www.myspace.com/nakedimusicI'm trying to write in different styles, if you check on my profile the song called "Summer days" is a house track. I was virgin to house music when I did that. That song won #1 last year in May on www.songoftheyear.com for the dance category. The final results are out in a few weeks time. If I get an opportunity to write in some genre I have never ever touched would be cool...Please tell me what you think of this song "Nobody"..Chao!!!The hi-hats in the mix are too hot and are distorting while everything else comes up to level. It needs a lsight remix and master. A bit too toppy (trebles in the EQ). But.... the vocals are real good. Sweet and tight. This has a cool kwaito/r'n'b crossover sound and I would be surprised if this didn't get airtime on the South African channels that showcase kwaito - Metro and Kaya. I think 5FM would probably give it a spin too. Send it to Scotty (the house music producer at 5) and see what happens.Didn't expect that, did you??