Devil's Daughter

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jbassman

Devil's Daughter

Post by jbassman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:05 am

Hello everyone, I wanted to drop by and toss our new song out there to see what kind of reaction we can get. All C & C are welcome, so please feel free to let me know what you all think.This one is called Devil's Daughter and you can find it at http://www.voidbase.com/devilsdaughter.mp3Thanks,J

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Devil's Daughter

Post by gitarrero » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:56 am

hi jbass,I just listening, I'll write you my spontaneous impression...* the guitar sounds way too mudy and is out of tune* bass and guitar are not seperated (frequencies)* the distortion guitar sounds like recorded with a d.i. - is it?* I basically like your voice (character), but I think it could be better in the intonationwell I think it depends if that is just a quick layout or your final demo - my comments are mainly for the production, I hope you can use it;)cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

jbassman

Post by jbassman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:11 am

That's the type of feed back that we're looking for, thanks Marty.The distorted guitar was recorded via both DI and mic'ing an amp. I'll have to play with that a bit to see what I can do there. What do you suggest we do about the muddy guitar? Record that track again, try and EQ the track we have now, etc?Any other suggestions are welcome too. J

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Quote:That's the type of feed back that we're looking for, thanks Marty.The distorted guitar was recorded via both DI and mic'ing an amp. I'll have to play with that a bit to see what I can do there. What do you suggest we do about the muddy guitar? Record that track again, try and EQ the track we have now, etc?Any other suggestions are welcome too. JHi J,dist git: If you record it directly into the mixer (..btw from where is the signal coming.. amp? pod?) you have to add a speaker simulation if the guitar is distorted. otherwise it sounds very harsh.micing an amp is a great thing, you just need to know the basics about where to place the mic. a sennheiser e609 or a shure sm 57 (beta or standard) is a good choise, personally I prefere the sennheiser, it's also easier to place. if you place the mic near to the center the sound has more hights, if you place it at the side of the speaker you'll have more bass/warmth. just try it out and find a good position, it's not that hard. ..oh yeah, shure - the amp & guitar & player should sound good from itself - a mic will only "record" whats already there.muddy guitar: I defenitly would suggest to record it again. try to get the best sounding result as possible without touching an eq - "fix it in the mix" is always the bader solution.cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments