Tell Me it aint true

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Tell Me it aint true

Post by carr » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:51 pm

The lyrics may not match the recording. Its been in constant revision. before and since the recording. At the end the tenses get a little mixed up. Its all consistent in version 7 You can hear it here http://www.songramp.com/homepage.php?Who=carrTell Me It Ain't True V4[G] I can [D] see it in your [A] [G] eyesI can [D] tell by your [A] [G] touchI can [D] feel your body [A] lie[G] you don't love me [A] quite as much[G] somethings [D] going on [A] [G] i'm [D] not the [A] only [G] onethat shares your [D] life these days[Em] and I spend my nights [G] all [A] alone[D] tell me it ain't [G] truetell me it's a [Em] lietell me I'm all [A] wrong look me into my [D] eyestell me one more [G] timetell me we're not [EM] throughput your hand in [A] minetell me it ain't [D] true[G] you don't [D] tell me that you [A] love me [G]you don't [D] whisper in my [A] ear [G]that your [D] body aches for [A] mine[EM]That you body [G] wants me [A]near†[G] somethings [D] going on [A] [G] i'm [D] not the [A] only [G] onethat shares your [D] life these days[Em] and I spend the nights [G] all [A] alone[D] tell me it ain't [G] truetell me it's a [Em] lietell me I'm all [A] wronglook me in to my [D] eyestell me one more [G] timetell me we're not [EM] throughput your hand in [A] minetell me it ain't [D] trueNow that Im awake and lying in your armswondering bout that foolish dreamAnd when I tell you all about itYou smile and you tell me what it means and..... You [D] told me it ain't [G] trueYou smile as I cry [Em] You tell me Its a [A] dreamand you looked into my [D] eyeYou tell me one more [G] timeyou tell me we're not [EM] throughWe lie so close together [Aand you tell me it ain't [D] true

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Tell Me it aint true

Post by arkjack » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:01 pm

I think its good.... elementally sound in structure, good melodic movements... I think its ready for the next stage where you can play with more polished demo production and arranging to bring out more drama and contrast between the sections.... the idea is pretty clear... what its like thinking a relationship is coming to an end and a long time lover is losing interest, and the twist that it was just a nightmare and waking up finding out everything is fine... did I get it? your intro and time to chorus are good lengths....Hope that helps..ArkJack

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Quote:The lyrics may not match the recording. Its been in constant revision. before and since the recording. At the end the tenses get a little mixed up. Its all consistent in version 7 You can hear it here http://www.songramp.com/homepage.php?Who=carrTell Me It Ain't True V4[G] I can [D] see it in your [A] [G] eyesI can [D] tell by your [A] [G] touchI can [D] feel your body [A] lie[G] you don't love me [A] quite as much[G] somethings [D] going on [A] [G] i'm [D] not the [A] only [G] onethat shares your [D] life these days[Em] and I spend my nights [G] all [A] alone[D] tell me it ain't [G] truetell me it's a [Em] lietell me I'm all [A] wrong look me into my [D] eyestell me one more [G] timetell me we're not [EM] throughput your hand in [A] minetell me it ain't [D] true[G] you don't [D] tell me that you [A] love me [G]you don't [D] whisper in my [A] ear [G]that your [D] body aches for [A] mine[EM]That you body [G] wants me [A]near†[G] somethings [D] going on [A] [G] i'm [D] not the [A] only [G] onethat shares your [D] life these days[Em] and I spend the nights [G] all [A] alone[D] tell me it ain't [G] truetell me it's a [Em] lietell me I'm all [A] wronglook me in to my [D] eyestell me one more [G] timetell me we're not [EM] throughput your hand in [A] minetell me it ain't [D] trueNow that Im awake and lying in your armswondering bout that foolish dreamAnd when I tell you all about itYou smile and you tell me what it means and..... You [D] told me it ain't [G] trueYou smile as I cry [Em] You tell me Its a [A] dreamand you looked into my [D] eyeYou tell me one more [G] timeyou tell me we're not [EM] throughWe lie so close together [Aand you tell me it ain't [D] trueIt AIN'T True

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:08 pm

Quote:I think its good.... elementally sound in structure, good melodic movements... I think its ready for the next stage where you can play with more polished demo production and arranging to bring out more drama and contrast between the sections.... the idea is pretty clear... what its like thinking a relationship is coming to an end and a long time lover is losing interest, and the twist that it was just a nightmare and waking up finding out everything is fine... did I get it? your intro and time to chorus are good lengths....Hope that helps..ArkJack YOu got it in 1... The original ending was not a happy ending but on popular advice I switched to make it a happy ending. The women folk seemed to prefer it