Is Tonight the Night?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Is Tonight the Night?

Post by rockmann » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 am

Hi folks,We're looking for some more of the excellent advice we've always received here in the past. I haven't been around must as we've been busy and that dang day job of mine keeps getting the way. However, we've got a couple of songs getting close to the 'finished' mark and I would love to get some thoughts for this one on the mix, tone, playing, arrangement etc. The whole gambit. I think this probably our strongest song to date. It at least has a decent hook. This song is called 'Is Tonight the Night'. It's in the hard rock genre. As always with our stuff, it was recorded in 3 different countries around the globe, direct to PC and then mixed in Adobe Audition by myself. Charlie is on bass, I do the rhythm guitars and fills, solo section features myself, Antti (DeeAa), 'The Chris' and Charlie (in that order) and of course Antti on vocals.The song is not active on Broadjam yet, so... To listen in your default player:http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3 ... 031&q=hiTo listen in SoundClick's player:http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 031&q=hiOr go here and play the first song: http://www.soundclick.com/p43Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment! It is appreciated.

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Is Tonight the Night?

Post by walter327 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:51 am

The vocals and guitar remind me of Iron Maiden in the 80's a bit. Have difficulty understanding the lyrics, though. Your lead voice is nice and the guitar is good'n clear.
I shall wipe every tear from their eyes....

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:38 am

I enjoyed the listen. I like the groove. I agree, the lead voice is very good. I agree that the lyrics, especially in the first two verses, don't set the song up as strongly as they could. I think that's the weakness in this. See what other folks say. Personally, I would have liked an alien abduction theme Just my opinionHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:29 am

Quote:The vocals and guitar remind me of Iron Maiden in the 80's a bit. Have difficulty understanding the lyrics, though. Your lead voice is nice and the guitar is good'n clear.Hi Walter, we get the Iron Maiden comparison quite often. I think our Antti, our vocalist, has a very similar style. He does a pretty good Geof Tate too (Queensryche).I think Antti's accent (Finish) causes a problem occasionally when it comes to understanding the vocals. I could also need to bring out the vox a bit with some additional EQ. Thanks for the comments!

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:36 am

Quote:I enjoyed the listen. I like the groove. I agree, the lead voice is very good. I agree that the lyrics, especially in the first two verses, don't set the song up as strongly as they could. I think that's the weakness in this. See what other folks say. Personally, I would have liked an alien abduction theme Thanks for listening, Hummin'bird! I've often wanted your opinion on some of our stuff. I think this might be your first comments on P43 stuff.Yes, Antti has a great voice. We're really very lucky to have found him. He does a great job on all of his vocals and his vocal melodies.Yeah, the lyrics could be tweaked a bit. That's that happens I guess, when the song starts out as one thing and then melds into something else. I wrote the original lyrics and Antti modified them a bit so I may go back and firm them up a bit. Then I'd just have to convince him to sing it again. Yes! I agree... the alien abduction theme (the original theme of the song) will have to be revisited! It just needs to be done.