Turning Circles Demo - Help us shape it

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Turning Circles Demo - Help us shape it

Post by Casey H » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:36 am

Hi Rockerman!I like the sound and the track! Sounding dated doesn't matter if you want to market for film/TV whereby they often call for replacement tracks for songs of various styles and eras. I think this could be a good replacement track. I didn't read all the posts above on this thread, so if you said your goal was other than film/TV, I'd have to give it some thought. Of course, in Europe, there may be more call for retro-sound, especially for touring bands.I am completely production/engineering- challenged, so I can't comment on that. I think the performance and vocal are good. The only thing that bothered me a bit was whether or not the chorus was a strong enough one. I thought it was good but it didn't stand out or blow me away.Once again I apologize for not reading more and understanding your goals... I sneak in these reviews while on the day job... Casey

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:16 pm

Quote:I like the sound and the track! Sounding dated doesn't matter if you want to market for film/TV whereby they often call for replacement tracks for songs of various styles and eras. I think this could be a good replacement track. I didn't read all the posts above on this thread, so if you said your goal was other than film/TV, I'd have to give it some thought. Of course, in Europe, there may be more call for retro-sound, especially for touring bands.Hi Casey... thanks for the input. We're doing all of this for ourselves, but we've certainly left open the possibilty of some TV or Movie placements. So your comments are right on the money. It's not like we're going to jump out on tour or anything. Hell, we're in three different countries and have never met. Quote:I am completely production/engineering- challenged, so I can't comment on that. I think the performance and vocal are good. The only thing that bothered me a bit was whether or not the chorus was a strong enough one. I thought it was good but it didn't stand out or blow me away.I've had a couple people tell me that they LOVE the chorus on this one and others say it stinks.. I think it turned out pretty good, but I'm not saying it's perfect. I guess it depends on where fall on this one. Like most things, it could stand a bit of tweaking maybe to bring it up to it's full potential.Quote:Once again I apologize for not reading more and understanding your goals... I sneak in these reviews while on the day job...No apologizes necessary. I know exactly where you're coming from! I thank you for your time and efforts! I'm glad you liked the track.Thanks for listening!

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Dramatic start. Nothing wrong with the singing but to me its the wrong sounding voice.At 1:05 If found the lead guitar irritating . At 1:48 the break was little off in timing.from this point I couldnt catch the lyric..maybe Im getting too old and deaf.It seems to be you built this track section on section without a clear plan in mind. There is no continuity thru the track. I do like the start and the riff. The power chords are good and dont overwhelm.Now I think you need to sit down and analyse the song (on paper if necessary) and rebuild it.I cant beleive I am typing that!!! Sometimes its possible to jam a song and it flows , other times it needs a more formulaic approach to get it rightJ

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 am

Quote:[...]I cant beleive I am typing that!!! Sometimes its possible to jam a song and it flows , other times it needs a more formulaic approach to get it rightThanks for the reply. This song was indeed built a little differently than most of ours. This one started with a base line that was written and recorded start to finish. The rest of the parts where then added. Plus, the fact that we're in 5 locations in three different countries and have never met, that makes jamin' impossible. It's hard to build off of each others thoughts and ideas in real time. I think we do have better efforts and one brand new one can be listened to here if your interested: http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3 ... q=hiThanks again for your input. It will certainly be helpful as we take another look at this song.