We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Lyrics: "Meagan Crying"

Post by Casey H » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:25 pm

removed... old stuff... ;)
Last edited by Casey H on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:10 pm

Quote:I did a song a while back, before Songwriting 101, called "I Saw Meagan Crying". This is at:http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... yhgbndsq=1[I edited out my explanation of the storyline. It's better to see how people react without knowing that.]I was never happy with the "I Saw Meagan Crying" line, it sounded too much like "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". And the lyric was confusing as to who was speaking to who. The first production lost the sadness of the words in a too happy chorus which also made the chorus melody sound like "Puff The Magic Dragon".Anyway, this is really about lyric. Here is my first re-write... I put in bold some places that use the same exact word for a rhyme. Not sure whether to really care about that. Please comment...Meagan Crying© 2006 Charles P. HurowitzVerse 1It’s been decided, you are free nowMarry whom you chooseA chalet in the Pocono MountainsHeart shaped tub for twoEver since your childhood days nowI guess it had to beBut the scorched earth left behind youLeft Meagan in my dreamsChorus 1Dreams of Meagan cryingHer tears on the leaves and treesUp at Stony ForestWhere we camped each and every year But I remember Meagan laughingIt’s a memory so clear Sitting by the campfireWhile the guitars rang out loud and clearVerse 2Your pretty lady lays her head downLives her little girl dreamsSleep in the house that her mother bought youI’ll sleep with Meagan’s dreamsEver since your childhood days nowI guess you always knewBut when you wake up (filler line)Before the morning (filler line)Does Meagan fade from view (filler line ?)Chorus 2Dreams of Meagan cryingHer tears on the leaves and treesUp at Stony ForestWhere we camped each and every year But I remember Meagan smilingIt’s a memory so clearSitting by the campfireWhile the guitars rang out loud and clearInstrumental and modulationChorus 3Dreams of Meagan cryingHer tears stain the leaves and treesOf the New Jersey forestWhere we camped each and every yearI still picture Meagan laughingI loved everything about those yearsOur guitars by the campfireSinging out so loud and clearOutro (produced to show it is a flashback)The fire burns so sweetlyI knew that it would Is it warm enough my darlingI’ll burn more firewood…(repeat and fade) CaseyI think The Dead Sea Scrolls have received less attention than this lyric!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:49 pm

removed .... old stuff ;)
Last edited by Casey H on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:07 pm

removed.... old stuff...