Middle Distance Runner

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

middledistancerun
Active
Active

Middle Distance Runner

Post by middledistancerun » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:44 pm

Howdy, everyone...BRAND new TAXI member here just looking to get involved in all the fun. I play in a band from Washington DC called Middle Distance Runner. We play indie-pop in the style of Wilco, Blur, Radiohead....We finished up our own self-recorded/produced/released debut album earlier this year, and we're pretty proud of how it turned out. We've been getting some good buzz lately in our region, as well as in the blogosphere, and we were wondering what the TAXI members thought about our material.We just joined the community hoping to see if TAXI could help us attract some more attention with some key submissions, but before we got too involved, I wanted to check with some of the regulars here and grab an opinion or two.We have mainly been pushing "Naturally," "Man of the People," and "That's a Lie."I'd be interested to see what everyone thinks.Thanks,Ian of Middle Distance RunnerWEB: www.middledistancerunner.comMYSPACE: www.myspace.com/middledistancerunnerBROADJAM: http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... stID=40711

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Middle Distance Runner

Post by arkjack » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:09 am

Hey MDR Welcome to the board.....Checked out your music and asked for a myspace add...... nice music.... and seems like you got a big part of the package the A&R look for -- following.... with views and plays on your myspace page in the tens of thousands, plus radio play, and a commitment to touring ..... the only undisclosed element is your sales.... if you have this kind of track record going in with a self-recorded album seems like you should have a pretty good shot at the next level.... asz far as the material in the songs and recordings,.... there are some shortcomings and it may take some more time and $$ investment on your part if it needs the work to make the bar..... so keep up the good marketing, but don't set your expectations so high that you hurt when you get in a hot kitchen.... persistence and commitment is a key to the long-run payoff...Best of luck see ya on the boards,,,,ArkJack

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:35 am

This is really good folks in a 60's retro kinda vibe,so to all my many friends on Taxi go and listen and get their stats up.Get the music now before you have to pay for it!!!!!!These are gonna be big in a small niche kinda wayYour friend and mine johnny.

middledistancerun
Active
Active

Post by middledistancerun » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:25 pm

Wow -- thanks, Johnny!The "XMAS PARTY" song is definitely 60's in influence, but the rest of our material has a much more modern quality to it.Thanks for taking a listen!Ian

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:11 pm

Quote:Wow -- thanks, Johnny!The "XMAS PARTY" song is definitely 60's in influence, but the rest of our material has a much more modern quality to it.Thanks for taking a listen!IanA pleasure Ian,when I say 60's I mean great melodies,great chord structures and yes of course a very contemporary vibe.You are undoubtedly the best ( I presume unsigned ) band I have ever heard.Get to work!J

pogodog
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by pogodog » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:02 am

Quote:Quote:Wow -- thanks, Johnny!The "XMAS PARTY" song is definitely 60's in influence, but the rest of our material has a much more modern quality to it.Thanks for taking a listen!IanA pleasure Ian,when I say 60's I mean great melodies,great chord structures and yes of course a very contemporary vibe.You are undoubtedly the best ( I presume unsigned ) band I have ever heard.Get to work!JWOW, Johnny! Are you sleeping with these guys... or what ? I've never read such praise from your fingers before. Ever ? I agree they're good (very good) and worthy of our compliments... but mine, unlike yours, produce no sucking sounds what - so - ever. Never! Ever! It's funny, now, when i think back to a time when I, much like MDA, posted a 60's vibrating piece, that remains to this day, undetected. But how? How could something so retro-active slip past " Johnny " - the man who can smell the 60's forty years into the past. How did my stealth groove happen to go in one ear and out the other !!! Huh Johnny ? I almost gave up dancing forever! Whatever!Oh Yeah.., if you have the time. You might wanna consider a few things, one being their name MDR, and ask yourself these questions. " Am I investing to soon ? " " Should i really go all the way, if they're only going as far as the middle?" It's your call.RanGP.S. "MDR" is only six letters away from... MurDeRers. You do the spelling. Peace!

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:32 am

Quote:Quote:A pleasure Ian,when I say 60's I mean great melodies,great chord structures and yes of course a very contemporary vibe.You are undoubtedly the best ( I presume unsigned ) band I have ever heard.Get to work!JWOW, Johnny! Are you sleeping with these guys... or what ? I've never read such praise from your fingers before. Ever ? I agree they're good (very) ... but unlike yours, my compliments produce no sucking sounds what - so - ever. Never! Whatever!Oh Yeah..just a final thought, if you have the time. I want you to consider their name "MDR" and ask yourself this question. " Am I investing to soon ? " " Should i really go all the way, if they're only going as far as the middle?" It's your call.RanGP.S. "MDR" is only six letters away from... MurDeRers. You do the spelling. Peace!I like Murderers RanG! aka MDR's.I am not sleeping with them,they lack certain attributes that I would require and they have other's I wouldn't need.Do I like them.Yeah I really do.They are fresh,they are different yet there is a familarity about their music that makes me feel good.If I were Michael Laskow I would encorage theese guys to join,guide them,help them,promote them to all his contacts and somebody will pick up on them.Then voila or Viola Michael has the chart band he needs to give Taxi that je nai ces't qui (help us out here ern) it lacks!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:48 am

Quote:that je nai ces't qui (help us out here ern) it lacks!Je Ne Sais Quoi Btw I haven't had time to listen to this band's music yet but I agree with ranG that their name lacks it... Of course if that's the only thing that doesn't really work they are in excellent "shape"...

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:58 am

Quote:Quote:that je nai ces't qui (help us out here ern) it lacks!Je Ne Sais Quoi Btw I haven't had time to listen to this band's music yet but I agree with ranG that their name lacks it... Of course if that's the only thing that doesn't really work they are in excellent "shape"... Thanks Matto for the heads up. I knew you spoke excellent Italian I didn't realize you spoke German as well.!!!!

pogodog
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by pogodog » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:50 am

Je crois que Matto parlait français. wenn er deutsch spräche, würde er vereinbaren, daß Sie MDR's größter Fächer sind.! Someone had me at hello, I'm not sure who, but i wish they could explain where. I think it would help me understand why even how Johnny's phrase "Thanks Matto for the heads up " fits itself into following conversation ? these are the actual responses as they appeared in the Middle Distance Runner thread , complete and unadulterated ( as far as I'm aware ) Matto says: Quote:Je Ne Sais Quoi Btw I haven't had time to listen to this band's music yet but I agree with ranG that their name lacks it... Of course if that's the only thing that doesn't really work they are in excellent "shape"... And Johnny responds : Quote:Thanks Matto for the heads up. I knew you spoke excellent Italian I didn't realize you spoke German as well.!!!! Did you see it ? Can anyone spot the monkey business I know I'm a bit low on lithium and psychosis in never out of the question. But i believe that Matto, for reasons yet undisclosed, receives automatic praise and worship . Even our lord had to hang from a tree, die, rise up and possess supernatural powers, before anyone told him " Thanks Jesus for the heads up." for no reason other then something nice to say. what gives? Did Matto survive a black hole ? Anyway, Johnny and Matto, MDR Merry Christmas, RanG