I was commin` oot the pub one night...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

I was commin` oot the pub one night...

Post by oneeyewillie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:16 am

and I swear that I saw her...ye may not believe me...most don't...but I saw her...Mayhap, she 's embedded in our consiousness..., ye think?Merry Christmas to all of ye...Auld Nessie & MeAuld Nessie & Me ©, Willie McCulloch, 2005So black was her tail, an` bright were her eyesIn the darkest of nichts…ye can still hear her criesFrom the deepest dominion…way doun belowOn a risin` crest she would show…On a risin` crest she would show…The scariest thing I ever did seeShe turned her head round, an` headed fer me…As the wave hit the boat, I held on fer lifeAn` thought of the wanes an` my beautiful wife…The wanes an` my beautiful wife…Goin` doun doun doun doun…Far from the boat an` good solid ground…Goin` doun doun doun dounThat nicht…Auld Nessie & MeWit a chill in the air, an` sweat on my browStill frozen wit fear as she passed by the bow…The strangest sensation come o`vr my feetAn` I thought that my maker taenicht I would meetMy maker taenicht I would meetHer beautiful skin…ten colours o` green I suddenly felt myself calm an` sereneThen layin` doun gently, I opened my eyesThe creature had saved me from certain demise…Saved me from certain demise…Goin` doun doun doun doun…Far from the boat an` good solid ground…Goin` doun doun doun dounThat nicht…Auld Nessie & Me

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: I was commin` oot the pub one night...

Post by horacejesse » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:42 am

Thanks, Willie. That reads wonderfully as is. Even the ... lends a hand. Knowing the likes of you a little bit...er is that wee?...I have a thinking there could be music too.

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Re: I was commin` oot the pub one night...

Post by oneeyewillie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:18 am

Thanks Horrace...Click on the yellow "Auld Nessie & Me" an` themusic player will pop up...Tryin` tae work on my prosody (sp ?)I truly appreciate the listen...An` that nicht at the pub...weel the whiskey was real tasty as I'd just come off the fishin` boat...