War Stories of the old days......

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

War Stories of the old days......

Post by arkjack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:49 pm

We were having such a great time in "is TAXI a joke?" ...... but Ed Teja and I were posting some stories of our memorable experiences of trying to break in the music business pre-www..... when you had to know someone, no protools, just a cassette deck..... not that I long for a return to the "old days" .... Anyway I thought it made for an interesting thread that some of the younger post genX kids could read to entertain and learn..... and I guess preserve for posteriority.....So my other story is that ...being in Philly, there was a certian major label on Broad Street, specialized in R&B..... well using the songwriteres market book and everything else,.... I figured why not look in the backyard.... I went to the studios with my tape and "PressKit", and actually met the Chief of A&R..... had a chat. Got to know him just slightly....Well, I was also a CPA (still am).. and had clients in town I would go visit for work.... and I used the parking garage for the building the client was in.... So fast forward about 3 years.... I'm coming out of the client's and in the garage waiting for the valet to bring my car down..... guesss who is the parking attendant ..... thats right ...the A&R guy.... things were getting tough in the record business those years.... so he had to take the valet job as a second gig to make ends meet. It made it convenient to deliver tapes.....So go ahead folks.... post your best....TTFNArkJack