What's the turnaround time for a custom

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

What's the turnaround time for a custom

Post by arkjack » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:49 pm

I was looking through my TAXI material and wanted to send in a couple tunes for a custom. Does anyone recall if that's totallly a snail mail process and does it take the usual 4-5 week response time.....?? Also, does anyone know if you can submit for custom online through broadjam?ArkJack

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: What's the turnaround time for a custom

Post by hummingbird » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:43 pm

Hi - I'm not sure what the turn around time would be, but allowing a week to get there and a week to get back, I'd say 4 to 6 weeks. But check with Taxi.Unfortunately they are not set up to do this through Broadjam, but I wish they were. It's gotta be possible. My suggestion to Taxi is that they include in every listing a 'listing number' that is a custom demo review listing. Broadjam would have to set up a $10 fee for this (but since they do something similar for their song contests, it should be possible). I guess the other issue though might be that you need to specify what you want feedback on. Anyway, for the mo, it's snail mail.Welcome aboard, by the way,Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:55 pm

Quote:Unfortunately they are not set up to do this through Broadjam, but I wish they were. It's gotta be possible.A little birdie (no not a hummingbird ) told me this issue would be resolved soon...but the birdie swore me to secrecy so...don't wanna get my eyes pecked out .As far as I can see it will be a rather elegant solution though.

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:18 am

Being the wordy individual I am, I probably would want two write a two page list of questions on each song anyway. Fortunately, I did my first year with TAXI as sanilmail, so I still have plenty of supplies.Thanks all for the feedback and responses. .... on all posts.....ArkJack