Thank you (for the joy that we sing)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

opensky
Active
Active

Thank you (for the joy that we sing)

Post by opensky » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:06 pm

First of all, this praise song is meant for the congregation to sing. Of course that means that lyrically it's meant to be simpler than your standard pop song. This song is taken from an event in Neh. 8:1-12. Thanks ahead of time for any feedback. http://www.soundclick.com/opensky

dada
Active
Active

Re: Thank you (for the joy that we sing)

Post by dada » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:59 am

Matt,Another good tune, although it sounds just a little pushed on loudness... I noticed most when the guitars kick in at the beginning... Small critique, keep crankin them out... As a kid and teenager I used to go to a pretty staunch traditional Lutheran church where this type of worship music instrumentation would probably wipe out most of the congregation... My mother was the organist there for almost 20 years and I would occasionaly play with her.. I remember bringing in my electric rig and could see the eyebrows raising even though the tone was a mellow chorused feel... The church my family and I attend now would love it... You have good taste in forums by the way...Keep tracking,Dave

opensky
Active
Active

Post by opensky » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:43 am

Thanks Dave! It's amazing how much freedom in worship there is in many churches today. I believe God is not interested in the genre, but the worship that emanates from peoples hearts. Thanks Dave. Quote:Matt,Another good tune, although it sounds just a little pushed on loudness... I noticed most when the guitars kick in at the beginning... Small critique, keep crankin them out... As a kid and teenager I used to go to a pretty staunch traditional Lutheran church where this type of worship music instrumentation would probably wipe out most of the congregation... My mother was the organist there for almost 20 years and I would occasionaly play with her.. I remember bringing in my electric rig and could see the eyebrows raising even though the tone was a mellow chorused feel... The church my family and I attend now would love it... You have good taste in forums by the way...Keep tracking,Dave

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:43 pm

Nice website. I wrote the classic worship song "King of Kings" when I was 13 years old. Nomi