Live Energy

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Live Energy

Post by Casey H » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:58 pm

Hey allThose of you who know me well may know that "What a World" is one of the best songs I ever wrote & had recorded. A few years back, a friend of mine played a version of it (titled "Marcie" ) at a live gig and taped it. I love the energy of this live version, imperfections and all. It's one of my favorite things in my collection.You can hear this at www.broadjam.com/hurowitz ... Select "View All", scroll down, and play "Marcie (Live Acoustic)" ... If you'd like to hear the fully produced "What a World" , it's also on there.P.S. I changed the title of the song (and the lyric) from "Marcie" to "What a World" because specific name references make songs harder to pitch for film/TV...P.P.S Taxi once forwarded "What a World" to General Hospital but none of the doctors called. Casey

donmartin
Active
Active

Re: Live Energy

Post by donmartin » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:06 am

Hey CaseyI was unable to get your songs to play at Broad. , do you have a soundclick site where I could hear them ?Don

donmartin
Active
Active

Re: Live Energy

Post by donmartin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:31 am

Hey CaseyHad a listen to several of your songs , and truly enjoyed them all . In my view , Country has expanded tremendously over the last couple of decades into so many liberal sub-genres , that most of your song lyrics could easily be re-produced and adapted to be country-pop and/or country-rock by any artist/studio wishing to do so . Writing down the middle (so to speak) , where the song can be developed as either a pop sub-genre or a country sub-genre is my aim as a writer ..... but I'm no where near as proficient at it as your writing displays .Continued success to you guy .Don