Wilted Heart (new demo)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Wilted Heart (new demo)

Post by hummingbird » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Hey, I just uploaded a final version of this song. For genre I'm naming it "singer/songwriter" and/or "soft rock/pop" or maybe adult A/C? It might end up being the title track of my next CD. Thanks in advance for your comments!cheersHummin'bird ~~~~~Wilted Hearthttp://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/02/default. ... 9572Silver frames on the wallfamily pictures line the hallsilence hangs in the air - I hear you packing upstairs.[pre-chorus]Wilting heart, rose petals falling into dust,their sweet scent a memory -like the fading love you gave me.[chorus]Lost, like the passion we knew,gone, like my faith in you,all that's left are the weary beatsoh, of my Wilted Heart.Suitcase stands by the door,heavy steps creak on the floorI beg you once more to stay -I hear your car drive away.[prechorus]wilting heart, summer sun fading into dusk,my window frames the rising moonmy future's sinking into gloom.[chorus]Lost, like the passion we knew,gone, like my faith in you,all that's left are the weary beatsoh, of my Wilted Heart.There's nothing left to say... you've taken all my words awayWilted Heart (c) 2005 V.L. Flawith (SOCAN, ASCAP) All Rights Reserved.~~~P.S. - I was thinking of using the painting shown next to the lyrics for the album cover. What do you think? For a good view, check out - http://www.vikkiflawith.com/index.php?pg=p&p=9P.S.S. - if Soundclick doesn't play the song for you, try http://www.vikkiflawith.com/index.php?pg=s2&s=2THANKS!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Wilted Heart

Post by nomiyah » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:30 pm

You have a nice voice. I'm not too familiar with that style so I don't have much of an opinion. The painting sure does fit the lyrics.

happy
Active
Active

Re: Wilted Heart (new demo)

Post by happy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:37 pm

Hey Vikki, have you considered maybe placing "Wilted Heart" in the Folk catagory? Have you also considered not singing the last line of the song and ending on "oh, of my wilted heart"? Since that is the title it might be nice to end on it. Just a little thought on your song.
Di

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:57 pm

Hi Happy, thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely consider your suggestions! Appreciate the listen,cheersHummin'bird

dimps

Post by dimps » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:09 am

Hi Vikki, I've known of this song throughout it's progression. It's sounding so much better. The emotion in your voice sells it. Production is great too. Well done Vikki for sticking at this.....it's a beautiful song and it shows your voice off even more than before. Hope you are doing well! xxx

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:41 pm

Erin! Sweetie!! How are you? Nice to see you here! Thanks for the compliments!cheersVikki xxxoooxxx!!!