I finally made it here...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

I finally made it here...

Post by rockmann » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:29 am

Hello everyone,I'm new and excited to be here. While waiting for my account to be approved, I've read over a lot of threads trying to get the hang of things, but forgive me if I still don't have the process down.I'm hoping I can get some feedback on the following song that has just been 'finished'. I use quotes, because obviously, I'm looking for input that could possibly end up making it better.You can listen here: http://www.broadjam.com/project43Thanks in advance for your time and input. I look forward to becoming an active part of this community.Later...

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: I finally made it...

Post by rockmann » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:08 am

Whoops... I made the mistake of updating my mp3 on broadjam. Now it's unavailable until it's activated again. In the meantime, you can listen here: http://project43.steve-mann.com/music/l ... .mp3Thanks again.

serge

Re: I finally made it here...

Post by serge » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:09 am

Hi Steve !I like "(Wouldn't You) Like To Change It".Pure classic rock style. To my ears it's very close to "Deep Purple" during "In Rock", "Machine Head" period.But I can't say that the sounding is "retro" because rock of such level is always modern !Good song structure. Melody line is written in the best rock traditions and works so well with a guitar riffs.Very catchy chorus. Nice breaks. The song tension is high and grab the listener.Lyrics is based on contrasts and that's good to my taste ( though I'm Russian and my reasoning about poetry is very personal And your lyrics is absolutely suitable for the mood of your music. The vocal delivery is good and fits in style.I totally like the rhythm section. Classic rock drums. Excellent solo guitar !Musically it's very good pro level of performance.Good rock ! Some friendly "critique" in the end -1.I'm not sure of ending You sing "So go ahead..." and I was waiting for a little changes ( like in the middle after "If you could" ).2.Song title is maybe too long. "Change It" imho is more marketable and any way if this song will have a good fate (and I really wish it ) your fans will call it this way Serge/Private Beat

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Serge,Thank you SO much for the detailed review. I certainly appreciate it. I need to endeavor to do the same in my critiques. I see there's a form to use. I might try that so that I can offer the level of detail that you did.I also like your suggestions. Especially the one about the song title. That makes perfect sense. I'll very likely change the name to 'Change It'. Short and to the point. I like it.Thanks again for your time and good luck with your music!

gunner

Post by gunner » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:16 am

I agree,,,,the Deep Purple reference...man this brings back lots of memories...good job....Ive added this song to my long list of favorites..also,,,if you go to www.unsignedbandweb.comthere you can upload your songs over there for free and get a free website...this isnt a commercial, i just know there are some people over that would really enjoy your music.......glad i found this one...Gunner

gunner

Post by gunner » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 am

well nevermind..i see you have your own site...sorry bout that....gonna head back over and check out the rest of the tunes!!

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:40 am

Thanks for the compliments, Gunner. I'm glad you enjoyed the tune!"Like To Change It" is the most polished of the original tunes we've done to date. The others on the Project-43 website are mostly in 'demo' mode. I'm pretty excited about 'Cruzin'. We're just getting to work on it and it's already taken a pretty nice shape, I think.Thanks again for listening. Hearing that you've added this as a favorite of yours is what we all do this for. Having others enjoy your music is what's all about.Rock on!