Take a Listen

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gooswitch

Take a Listen

Post by gooswitch » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:30 am

Hello guys, my name is Derek Daisey. I'm 18 years old and attending Catawba College at Salisbury, NC. I just signed up for Taxi last week and am waiting on my package to come in. But I've been writing songs, playing guitar, and singing for a while... And I'd really like some input on some of my songs from you guys and gals if at all possible?I got that 'John Mayer, John Rzeznik' voice thing going on. It's acoustic pop stuff. But I'd really like to know what you guys think of either 'Stay or Leave', 'Not Myself' , or 'Gone in October.'Keep in mind these are all recorded in my dorm room at college. Some will be improved with the college studio.. but I'd like a general opionion on what everyone thinks!www.myspace.com/ddaiseyI've gotten a lot of people into my music all around the world using myspace and such. But everyone tells me it's good, and most people don't have the ear to tell me what to do to improve and such and I'm sure you guys can tell me the whole truth about it all! So thanks a lot and be good!Derek

dafamcincy

Re: Take a Listen

Post by dafamcincy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Nice voice and melody. The two suggestions I have are put a little more lift in the hook (chorus) and as a general rule the name of your song should be a fairly dominate line in the song. Maybe I couldn't hear it, but I didn't hear "GONE" in October. Overall it sounds really good to be a guitar track with vocals. I didn't listen real close the lyrics in the verses, so I won't comment. Keep up the good work.

templeofheads

Post by templeofheads » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:20 am

Very nice... I like the vocals... they match very good with the style. Nice work. Two thumbs up

rexman22583

Post by rexman22583 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:25 am

Holly smokes!! That song "Not Myself" is just so beautiful!! You gotta get a record deal for that song man!! Im like your number one fan now!! -Rex

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:51 am

I listened to 'Not Myself'. Nice Job! This is very professional sounding to me. Great vocals, nice melody. You have some serious talent. This song could/should be on the radio. Better than most songs in this genre. Keep it up and good luck.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:01 am

Hey I'm listening to 'Not Myself', It's very good. I would argue that the lyrics could be tweaked on "last night... I saw her whole world in flames that night" - 'her whole world' is rushed. Grammatically having "that" after "last" feels awkward.Other than that, the music & production is great, awesome vocals - I agree this is a hit waiting to happen.cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website