Mediterranean Rock Fusion

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

adriel

Mediterranean Rock Fusion

Post by adriel » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:32 pm

A blend of Metal, World/New Age, and Flamenco. Talentmatch.com/adrielodellOK now that I have your attention... Please be honest even if it means being a Simon Cowell, I am very interested to hear outsider opinions.If you are interested in getting a disc let me know too.

adriel

Re: Mediterranean Rock Fusion

Post by adriel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:28 pm

I am sorry I forgot to tell you which song(s) to focus on. If you could review one or both of the following "The Beast (Within)" or "What Went Wrong" that would be awesome.Thank you in advance.

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by superflux » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:35 pm

This kind of stuff isn't really my cup of tea, but here goes:"The Beast Within" seems well put together, but I think the drums need to bemuch more active throughout. Vocals and guitars sound good, drums are just too tame;a straightforward tune like that needs somebody to really be going crazy,... I nominatethe drummer. "What Went Wrong",... More interesting,... nice bass solo section,... cool when the guitar comes in. Nice tune. Maybe the vocals could stand to have a little more urgency.Steve

dada
Active
Active

Post by dada » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:07 am

Very groovy tones... a nice original sound to the harder rock genre...I wish I hadn't read the drum comment from before because it made me listen for it... the one beginning pattern does grow a little tiresome.... I think the drum tone could be more explosive and possibly help... Your vocals sound very good... good arrangements and musicianship... the only comment I would have (and only because I struggle in this area on my own stuff) is there is definitely a degree of production touches that would set your stuff way out front...Good work..Keep trackin,DaveSounds by Davehttp://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandid=189280

adriel

Post by adriel » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:30 pm

Thank you both for your replies, I can hear what you are talking about. My hope was that I would have a friend who was a Keith Moon play a few tracks for me but that fell thru. As for the production I was told by a former A&R guy that picked up Heart, that I should try to keep it a little open so that producers would be interested in molding the songs. I felt a little weird about it but i thought I'd trust him, but I may go back in and finish it the way I wanted it.Thanks again for the honest thoughts.