Country Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Country Forwards

Post by nknjmes » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:16 am

Not sure if this link will work, but this song was forwarded last year to a Nashville publisher looking for a country/pop song ala Rascal Flatts, etc. My stuff is mostly pop/rock but I write country pop/rock sounding stuff when I see a listing of interest. The critiques are worth it alone."I Won't Be Here Tonight"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 am

Hi everybody. This is my first post ever here I'm taking Michael's "Road Rally" advice and becoming at least somewhat active on these boards this coming year. So, hello to all, and if I do anything wrong please let me know.Most of my success through Taxi has come from libraries (pop and RnB stuff) but I am trying to crack the Country nut (IE trying to become a way, way better songwriter). I still have a long way to go but I either get there or die tryin'.Here are the Country songs that I've had forwared so far in 2007. Some are high(er) bar forwards and others are publisher/TV/library lower bar forwards. "Wonder when" (S070727CO - Capitol/Nashville), "Who I am" (D070720CO), "I'll make it up as you go" (S070601CO - Montage Music Group), "This ain't country" (D070625CO, S070424C0 ), "My lucky stars and stripes" (S070424C0), "Nearest beer from here" (S070424C0), "Hangover" (S070330CO - Warner Bros./Nashville), "Unpaint this town" (S070228CO - Catergory 5 Records), "Years from now" (S070216CO -Equity Music Group ). No deals from the above - yet ;-)Right now I am getting about 8 "passes" for every one Country forward. The critiques that I have been getting are helping me tremendously to zero in on my weak spots. Especially when I get critiques from three or four screeners on the same song and they are all making similar suggestions. (sheesh - I can't spell - I hope this thing has spell check on it somewhere)here endeth my first postdean krippaehne

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nknjmes » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:39 pm

That's awesome Dean! I think you're destined to get a cut or two in Nashville.

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:48 am

Hey All,My hats off to anyone who is forwarded in the country category. As many know the competition there is pretty stiff. I do believe that many Taxi members do not take advantage of the forum (ahem, that means me). If you get a song forwarded to a high bar listing (most country lisitngs) you are definitely doing something right in your songwriting. I agree it would be great to here from some of you who have been forwarded to these high bar listings to give good advice to those who are not quite making the grade yet.Keep on posting - I'm making it a committment to do so myself and be of any service to my fellow songwriters in the process.Cisco

vickye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by vickye » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 am

I have some friends who work in the Nashville circuit and are getting some really good cuts. Seems to me that yes, it is very competitive, but there is room for other writers that can bring a fresh perspective to the table. My advice: Keep writing!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:04 pm

Quote:Hi everybody. This is my first post ever here I'm taking Michael's "Road Rally" advice and becoming at least somewhat active on these boards this coming year. So, hello to all, and if I do anything wrong please let me know.Most of my success through Taxi has come from libraries (pop and RnB stuff) but I am trying to crack the Country nut (IE trying to become a way, way better songwriter). I still have a long way to go but I either get there or die tryin'.Here are the Country songs that I've had forwared so far in 2007. Some are high(er) bar forwards and others are publisher/TV/library lower bar forwards. "Wonder when" (S070727CO - Capitol/Nashville), "Who I am" (D070720CO), "I'll make it up as you go" (S070601CO - Montage Music Group), "This ain't country" (D070625CO, S070424C0 ), "My lucky stars and stripes" (S070424C0), "Nearest beer from here" (S070424C0), "Hangover" (S070330CO - Warner Bros./Nashville), "Unpaint this town" (S070228CO - Catergory 5 Records), "Years from now" (S070216CO -Equity Music Group ). No deals from the above - yet ;-)Right now I am getting about 8 "passes" for every one Country forward. The critiques that I have been getting are helping me tremendously to zero in on my weak spots. Especially when I get critiques from three or four screeners on the same song and they are all making similar suggestions. (sheesh - I can't spell - I hope this thing has spell check on it somewhere)here endeth my first postdean krippaehneHey Dean,Welcome to the boards. And LORD HAVE MERCY, that's an incredibly high number of forwards in the country category, if you ask me, low-/high-/or chocolate bar, for one year. Congrats.Feel like posting links to any of them so we can give a listen?Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:44 pm

Hey Ted,Thanks for the welcome Most of my tunes barely make the chocolate bar - but here's a link to the ones I have on taximusic. (I hope this link works)<a href="http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... krippaehne"> Reaching for the chocolate bar songs</a>dean k

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:46 pm

guess I don't need to write code to make it work - doh!http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... krippaehne

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Hey - just got 2 more forwarded that passed the chocolate bar - yehaw ;-)"Wonder when" and "You got a way" (S071022CO - Sony/BMG)dean k

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Just FYI, TAXI has had successes in the country market. Elliot Park signed a deal here in Nashville as a result of TAXI and also had a #1 on the charts this year with "I loved Her First". Also "Buy Me a Rose" was written by two TAXI members who got their cut as a result of TAXI and that went #1 as well as being recorded again by Luther Vandross.