Country Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Country Forwards

Post by horacejesse » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:43 am

Big D, I cannot listen to them easily either. I wish there was something easier because I'd like to inspect some of your songs more closely with the old ear instead of the eye.

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:42 am

Big DGreat songs, great demos. You've got that Nashville lyric thing down AND very cool melodies as well. I can see why the stuff was forwarded. You're definitely in the hunt. (BTW, it was pretty easy on my computer to hear your songs - couple clicks, type a word or two - baddabing Great stuff!dean k

bigdrisk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bigdrisk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:28 am

Thanks, Dean.I kind of hate to clutter up this thread with figuring out the problem of listening to my songs, but I'd like to know what some of you are experiencing. PM me if you want. I'm on a Mac so things probably work different for me. Perhaps it works better if you are using Quicktime as your default mp3 player. I don't know. But that way at least the songs will stream and you don't have to wait for the entire download to finish first.The first time you go to one of the links, you should be asked for a username and password, but if you tell your browser to remember it, you shouldn't have to do that again.The reason I have it password protected is so that some of the artists and publishers I pitch material to outside of Taxi won't think the page is open to anybody and everybody. And, of course, I don't really want it to be accessible via Google anyway.

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:44 am

Hey BDI'm on a PC with Windows Media Player as my default and it all works perfectly on my system, just as you said it should. I see you've got a 160-mp3 streaming - that format should work fine on any computer setup. I, too, would like to hear what problems some folks are having listening. Maybe I can help.dean k

paulhb

Post by paulhb » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 am

I've had a few country forwards since I joined a few months ago. Texas Envy, You Made Me Love You, and Green Light were all forwarded. It's a tough genre for sure, but as a friend of mine says, it only takes one! http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=8512

ckbarlow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ckbarlow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 pm

Damn, Driskell! Good goin'! That is some good writing, I tell you what. Bloom anyway - what a great idea.

jameslimborg

Post by jameslimborg » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:43 pm

hahahhha... Great song writing! I like it. Of course I hear things that I'd do different... but I think we all tend to... it's the creative side in us. Great song!

ephlat66
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ephlat66 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:17 am

Did anybody get forwarded for this listing?:CONTEMPORARY COUNTRY SONGS for a new Male artist who's a cross between Kenny Chesney and John Mellencamp are wanted by the Dir. of A&R at a Major Nashville Label. Fun, driving uptempos are preferred, but energetic ballads are OK too. Great, conversational lyrics are also sought. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD/cassette, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Nov. 29, 2007. TAXI # S071129COWould like to hear what made it. (The feedback on my submission was fairly brutal, but hey - that's one of the things I'm paying for, right? )
Most people miss opportunity because it shows up wearing overalls and looks like work. - Henry Ford

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Quote:Did anybody get forwarded for this listing?:CONTEMPORARY COUNTRY SONGS for a new Male artist who's a cross between Kenny Chesney and John Mellencamp are wanted by the Dir. of A&R at a Major Nashville Label. Fun, driving uptempos are preferred, but energetic ballads are OK too. Great, conversational lyrics are also sought. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD/cassette, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Nov. 29, 2007. TAXI # S071129COWould like to hear what made it. (The feedback on my submission was fairly brutal, but hey - that's one of the things I'm paying for, right? )I got a bunch turned down on that listing but one was forwarded through . A song I wrote with my brother called "This Ain't Country."http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... paehnedean k

ephlat66
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ephlat66 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:37 am

Dean-That's a rippin' tune! I can see why it got forwarded. Very clever lyric, great hook, very current.Apparently i need to step it up a notch to run with you boys!
Most people miss opportunity because it shows up wearing overalls and looks like work. - Henry Ford