Why I won't be rejoining Taxi next year...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

inyourdefense

Why I won't be rejoining Taxi next year...

Post by inyourdefense » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:58 am

Hey guys,New to the forum. It's good to be here.You know, I haven't had a lot of success with Taxi, but that's honestly not the reason I have beef with the whole process. I'm willing to concede imperfections in what I do and am open to various opinions.However, the last review I received really sealed the deal for me when it comes to not joining again. We are paying enough money for this service to at least expect a certain standard of expertise and professionalism from the reviewers. And honestly, the last review I received was just.... poorly written. How am I supposed to take a critique from a so-called 'professional reviewer' seriously, when half the beginnings of sentences aren't capitalized, slang is used, and the absolute wrong adjectives are selected to describe things? For example, I would NEVER use the word "kinda" in a professional review. That's the type of word high school students use when they're chatting on msn.The box where I was told why the song was not forwarded said exactly: "combination of singer whispering and run on melodic structure ruins much of the song."There is no whispering in the song whatsoever. There are quiet parts and loud parts but it's all very clearly sung, to a melody. So again, how am I supposed to take this seriously when it's described so incorrectly?And while the phrase 'run on melodic structure' might mean something to the reviewer, I have no idea personally what it means....so it doesn't help me one bit, other than leaving me to wonder what exactly IS wrong with it.Anyway, I would just expect that given how much we pay annually plus for each submission, that the reviewers would at least be capable of stopping to proofread what they've written. I won't mention which reviewer I had in particular because I don't want to get anybody in trouble. I suppose Taxi really is great for some and not for others, and it's just not personally for me.