Getting forwards now. :)

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dingo

Getting forwards now. :)

Post by dingo » Fri May 30, 2008 2:05 am

I wrote a little while back about the frustration I was having getting high marks but no forwards.You guys (thank you all very much) suggested that I pitch to different kinds of listings - namely artist and songs - instead of TV and Movies because my production wasn't quite to broadcast standards.I just got my 3rd artist forward today and I'm stoked. The first one made me pretty happy, of course, but I wondered if it'd be another year before I got another.I got another forward last week, and another today. Thanks for the encouragement and spot on advice.

jeffabbey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Getting forwards now. :)

Post by jeffabbey » Fri May 30, 2008 3:03 am

That's great to hear Dingo. Obviously you've found your direction.Now... Make a lot of money! Jeff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri May 30, 2008 3:33 am

May 30, 2008, 5:05am, dingo wrote:I wrote a little while back about the frustration I was having getting high marks but no forwards.You guys (thank you all very much) suggested that I pitch to different kinds of listings - namely artist and songs - instead of TV and Movies because my production wasn't quite to broadcast standards.I just got my 3rd artist forward today and I'm stoked. The first one made me pretty happy, of course, but I wondered if it'd be another year before I got another.I got another forward last week, and another today. Thanks for the encouragement and spot on advice. Hi Dingo,This is such a good post because it really illustrates that music is only half of the equation... correctly targeting the listings is the other half. The best Country song in the world will never get forwarded for a Hip-Hop listing. Most forward/return issues are more subtle than that, probably like what you experienced. It CAN be frustrating when you feel like you do or when you really do have a good song, a strong track and it gets returned. But, like you mentioned, sometimes the issue is targeting the listings rather than revamping your entire music style.Glad to hear it was an easy fix. Dave

slowdance
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slowdance » Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 am

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:31 pm Post subject: your songs and Taxi --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I knew when listened to your music on studio-central that you should have gotten forwards on Taxi....glad for you."I find it hard to believe that you have not had any forwards from Taxi. Are you getting to the right listings? I really like your songs.......production issues are there but not what I would consider major-major what are the reasons for not getting submitted? Keep it up........."Regards, Dick

dingo

Post by dingo » Fri May 30, 2008 8:58 pm

I remember that reply because it stuck in my head. It was really encouraging. Studio-central was (and still is) instrumental in helping me craft better songs. I know a forward is still a long shot, but here's hoping something comes from this soon.