My new song

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davidvignola
Active
Active

My new song

Post by davidvignola » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:36 am

Hi group. I am a brand new Taxi member and new to this forum as well. I would love some feedback on my band 1st original tune.http://www.myspace.com/visionctI recorded and mix this myself and I am new to home recording (about 18 mo) but I am always learning and enjoy it. Des anyone have some constructive criticism for both the tune itself and the production? Thank you in advance. I will be surfing this great website now

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: My new song

Post by nknjmes » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Well done with the recordings. The sound quality is good! Did you use a click track when recording the drums? There's a couple spots where they sounded a little loose, but not too bad really. A click mixed in one side of the drummer's headphones can really help.Good job and best of luck with your submissions!

davidvignola
Active
Active

Post by davidvignola » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Thank you very much. Yes the drums are a bit loose. That's my not so tight drummer. I am going to try the click track. Hopefully that will help. I apprectiate the feedback

davidvignola
Active
Active

Post by davidvignola » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:13 am

I just posted a couple more songs on my bands myspace page. I am looking for some constructiive comments on "Party Song".Can some take a listen and let me your thoughts? Thank you in advancehttp://www.myspace.com/visionct

gongchime
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gongchime » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:21 am

I listened to No Regrets and Party song. Good sounding guitars. The rhythm guitar parts are catchy enough. Didn't get through the intro of either tune though. After 4 measures of intro, you break into another intro. Don't do that. Also, the drums don't reveal any plan to include variations or rhythmic cadence aka fills. On Party Song it's just boom chuck boom chuck through both intros. The rhythm is the most important element, especially in rock. But your drummer sounds like he'll be able to pull it off with a little more forethought as to placing a variety of fills between different sections and tightening up the rhythm. Just a bit more time with the metronome in the practice room.