questions about listing S071119CO

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

leejohnson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

questions about listing S071119CO

Post by leejohnson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi, I am curious about review of a song I recently had. I am not upset about the return, but some of the comments in the critique seem contradictory. I have actually been doing my research more than ever and felt like this should be pretty on target. Listing was S071119CO. I am a big fan of Rodney Adkins, as he had big hits including "Going thru Hell" and "Watching You" among others.The On target box was checked. However in the text of the critique it said: "This lyric about being a dad might be a bit too mature for this kind of contemporary country artist, Lee. Keep an eye out for listings that mention a more mature artist or wanting more wholesome or family oriented material." I appreciate this critique and this is not a complaint, but perhaps someone can help me better understand what is meant by this.Does this critiquer not know Rodney Adkins? Hello, Rodney is a Dad and had hit song "Watching You" a wholesome family oriented song...about a Dad and his 4 yr old boy etc...the main message is to parents, be careful what you do or say around your kids as they are always watching you. Fairly mature/contemporary topic isn't it? Do I misunderstand these terms? My Propeller Planes song in a "nut" is: (1-2 sentences using title)As Dad and son go to watch propeller planes at local airport, Dad realizes his son will grow up and fly away and he can not slow down time to stay in the special moment they are having. Son likes to pretend they are flying their own plane and Dad realizes "theres nothin better in this world than flying our propeller planes". I totally understand they may not be looking for this type of song, or my song's message doesn't work or any number of reasons it was not forwarded. NO biggie, but the critique pasted above was confusing to say the least. Any thoughts anyone???Also of lesser concern, on the critique about production etc...pretty low marks...7 out of 10. This has A session players in Nashville, and features Tim Buppert on vocals. I really like how it came out and Kim Copeland did an excellent job producing...why so low on production points? Thanks for taking time to read and respond. This is NOT a griping session, I use this info to learn and better understand my craft.Cheers!Lee

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: questions about listing S071119CO

Post by horacejesse » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:54 am

Hey, Lee, I guess you don't know the drill. Post the song and entire critique if you want comments. Gotta have more than a description to go by.