Taxi Critiques VS the Real World don't Match.

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Taxi Critiques VS the Real World don't Match.

Post by jeffe » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:41 am

Taxi is in the business of receiving requests from the music industry, and trying to match those requests with its members material. Pretty simple really.You can be the best songwriter in history, but if your submission doesn't match what they are asking for then you ain't gonna get it.If you sit back and expect the industry to find you, then you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery. There's a lot of hard work involved. Taxi is just a small part of it.The biggest and best way to increase your chances, is by networking until you drop. You might not get much sleep but you will greatly increase your chances.If you are as good as you say you are, then you will eventually get somewhere To quote and over-used phrase:"It's not what you know, it's who you know".
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:38 am

Quote:Taxi is in the business of receiving requests from the music industry, and trying to match those requests with its members material. Pretty simple really.You can be the best songwriter in history, but if your submission doesn't match what they are asking for then you ain't gonna get it.If you sit back and expect the industry to find you, then you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery. There's a lot of hard work involved. Taxi is just a small part of it.The biggest and best way to increase your chances, is by networking until you drop. You might not get much sleep but you will greatly increase your chances.If you are as good as you say you are, then you will eventually get somewhere To quote and over-used phrase:"It's not what you know, it's who you know".Hi Jeffe!!Nice to have you back after all this time!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:48 am

True. Where HAVE you been, Jeffe?
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:25 am

Thank you guys. I've been very busy on the music front. Funnily enough, I've been networking too, and doing a course at the Institute of Music Technology in the UK. So I've been learning a lot about bits and bobs too I'm playing catchup now. It's good to see you all
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

montster
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by montster » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:18 pm

If this thread isn't "real world" enough for anyone, I'm not sure what is.I find it odd that in the three months since this thread began ej hasn't given any his own feed back in response to comments. I hope he had a chance to really reflect on the advice given and thought better of his rants. I can very much empathize with him, but it seems as if this was a scratching post. All the comments you guys made were so valid, extremely clear, not to mention encouraging.I cannot say how much I appreciate this community! I learn tons just by reading, and even more by reaching out and starting threads when I need help. People who search for knowledge, find what they're looking for, people hear what the want to hear and do what they do.I can genuinely say that my experience as a member has been positive and I would encourage anyone who is sincerely interested in continuing to expand their musical skills keep plugging away and be humble enough to learn from this amazing resource and use it to their advantage.To date, I have not made any deals, have not have any "forwards" of the 5 tunes I've submitted, (yet save from the 2 I put up just this last week.. got my fingers X'ed!!! ), but have learned what it takes, or at least have a better idea, and am actively trying to do something about it.I have made some cool acquaintances, hopefully even some friends and would have not made my current stuff sound the way it does without help from you guys!!Best of luck to everyone!!!Monty

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Quote: I don't want to be depressed by your constant complaints,legit or imagined.Then don't be.

lopc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lopc » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Hey Jude. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Man, you've been round here longer than me, and I'm already starting to feel the screener scrunch! I don't pay any attention to the "scores". They are irrelevant. Most of the comments really are redundant, but there is a pearl in there every now and again. The best screeners are on these boards. That's probably the only reason I still check them out regularly. I think Casey was right on with his post way back. They are my thoughts. Aub, he's Aub. Also, I noticed that when people start visiting each other on a thread and leave the original topic behind, it's a pretty cool thread. Lot of info you generated, my brother. Thanks.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Quote:Hey Jude. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Man, you've been round here longer than me, and I'm already starting to feel the screener scrunch! I don't pay any attention to the "scores". They are irrelevant. Most of the comments really are redundant, but there is a pearl in there every now and again. The best screeners are on these boards. That's probably the only reason I still check them out regularly. I think Casey was right on with his post way back. They are my thoughts. Aub, he's Aub. Also, I noticed that when people start visiting each other on a thread and leave the original topic behind, it's a pretty cool thread. Lot of info you generated, my brother. Thanks.Great response, BTW.And Aub may not be perfect, but he is the PERFECT Aub (...who is, FWIW, one of the most gifted, smartest, most generous hearts I've ever met.)Actually, now that I think about it, these boards are crammed with more heart and more genuine support than any place I've ever stumbled across. We can ALL be bigger and better because of this forum.so let's get busy with that, shall we?
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982