rnb-return - too slow?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

rnb-return - too slow?

Post by gitarrero » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:37 pm

hey folks,I got a return for this listing:****Commercial & very melodic POP/POP-DANCE/POP-R&B SONGS & BACKING TRACKS are needed by a Multi-Platinum Executive Producer for a 15-year old Female singer/pianist working on her debut CD. Strong, hooks and memorable choruses are essential. Good, young lyrics are needed, but nothing dumb! The producer is also asking for great backing tracks for his artist to write lyrics to. The producer will come in to screen your submissions himself. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD/cassette, include lyrics (if applicable). All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY*****..with this song:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... &stream=1I was wondering why you think it was returned - was my track too slow for this listing since the listing is (also) asking for "pop-dance" tracks..?my initial thought when I submitted this track was that I would consider it as "rnb-pop". was I wrong?I'm looking forward to your comments - there is always something to learn thanks,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: rnb-return - too slow?

Post by hummingbird » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi - it sounds R&B to me. However, I know that ballads are much harder to pitch than up-tempo. I think you're right, it probably is not considered a dance track. It is very good, though.H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:42 am

"The producer will come in to screen your submissions himself." (that "explains" a lot )They were picky. My track didn´t make it either It´s a good track, but for today´s market it might be a bit dated IMHO. Your track sounds a lot like Destiny´s Child´s "Say My Name" (it was released in 2000).- JH

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:29 am

HI Martin,Very nice track, my 2 cents, I don't think the reason for the return was the music, reading the listing and listening to your track,... the listing is calling for young lyrics for a 15 year artist. These lyrics are for an older demographic.(IMHO) I enjoy your music Martin, keep it coming!Bob

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:44 am

Quote:"The producer will come in to screen your submissions himself." (that "explains" a lot )They were picky. My track didn´t make it either - JHthat's true - I've overseen it when I posted it here on the boards.@all: thanks for your feedback!

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:19 am

I agree about the lyrics. In the US, a 15 year old girl wouldn't sing about wine. Also, since this one was screened by the Producer, there was no "forwarded" level for TAXI to send on to someone to listen to later. Everything would get returned unless it was exactly what he wanted.

tacksea007
Active
Active

Post by tacksea007 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:38 am

Hey Martin-Once again the trusty community on the TAXI message boards hit the nail on the head! This is an outstanding track, however the lyrical content is not suitable. I've really only heard your instrumental songs so this was a pleasant surprise. Happy new year and best of success in 2008.-Sebastian

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 am

hey sebastian,thanks for dropping in here. yeah, I've overseen that the submissions have been reviewed by the producer himself & I understand that the lyrics are not suitable in this case (...lyrics aren't really my main competence, so its always good to get feedback & learn in this field ).cheers,martin

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slideboardouts » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Martin Martin Martin...this track is awesome! Your tracks never cease to impress me.I know its been said already but I really think the lyrics were the big reason this song wasn't picked up since the artist is a 15 year old girl. Definitely pitch this to other listings...its a great song and great production!-Steve