listing

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bigdaddytt

listing

Post by bigdaddytt » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:56 pm

Why do you have a listing for country when its not country you are looking for. If you want contempary country listing say contempary listing and not just country. I've submitted several songs but they have all come back and said they were too country. Well if you don't want country don't list the listing under country. I can take a bad review but if all that you wanted was contempary country and you were not pitching to country artist i never would have joined taxi. You should be pitching to everyone not just those hippies in nashville that came from california and turning country upside down. As long as they have a steele guitar in the song they think its country. Well all this contempary is just tempary.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: listing

Post by hummingbird » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Quote: Why do you have a listing for country when its not country you are looking for. If you want contempary country listing say contempary listing and not just country. I've submitted several songs but they have all come back and said they were too country. Well if you don't want country don't list the listing under country. I can take a bad review but if all that you wanted was contempary country and you were not pitching to country artist i never would have joined taxi. You should be pitching to everyone not just those hippies in nashville that came from california and turning country upside down. As long as they have a steele guitar in the song they think its country. Well all this contempary is just tempary. Hi - could you post the listing(s), the entire critique(s) & a link to the song(s)?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ddusty » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:30 am

Here we go again....No offense meant, Big Daddy, it's just that every month or so the forums get hit with one or two of the same complaints. This is one that came up not too long ago.Please do as Vikki suggests and post the entire listing here, sometimes there are clues in the listings that hint towards contemporary. The hardest thing to do is to interpret the listings (which is why the number one reason for return is off target)Rob

bigdaddytt

Post by bigdaddytt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:48 pm

I appreciate all that answered my post and appreciate your interest, but i don't know how to post anything but i'll give it a shot. Its just frustating to not find any listing for straight country. Its just all contempory and there are a few songs on my site that i would think are contempory but maybe not. But i'll keep trying. Hope everyone had a nice turkey day.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 am

Quote: I appreciate all that answered my post and appreciate your interest, but i don't know how to post anything but i'll give it a shot. Its just frustating to not find any listing for straight country. Its just all contempory and there are a few songs on my site that i would think are contempory but maybe not. But i'll keep trying. Hope everyone had a nice turkey day....well, it's very simple: just post:* the listing (can be found on the screeners feedback-form via link)* the whole comment of the screener as well as the rating (1-10)* a link to your songthat should be possible to do.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments