New to Taxi.....confused

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

New to Taxi.....confused

Post by tinozigzag » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:59 am

Hi everyone,I am new to TAXI and I have been looking through the listings for the last few months and, I find every thing very confusing.I never know to which listing to submit.I tried a submission once but I was returned because did not fit the description!! And I do not want to make the same mistake again.I wonder if any one is able to clear my head and by lessening to some of my tracks could give me an idea to what kind of listings categories I should submit.If my English is not very good I apologize in advance.Thank you very much to you allTINO This is the listing.NEW LISTING -- The Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of NEWS/CURRENT AFFAIRS INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. Check out shows on CNBC, CNN, Fox News, etc. to get a good feel for the styles used. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending -- no fade-outs. This company will offer a standard exclusive deal where they will control the publishing rights of the songs they sign, the writer keeps the writer's share of the royalties, and the license fees are split between company & writer. Great performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Sept. 27, 2007.TAXI # S070927IN I would like to submit Grape vine which you can here it at Broadjam.thanks againTINOhttp://www.broadjam.com/tinoaureli

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: New to Taxi.....confused

Post by hummingbird » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:51 am

Quote:Hi everyone,I am new to TAXI and I have been looking through the listings for the last few months and, I find every thing very confusing.I never know to which listing to submit.I tried a submission once but I was returned because did not fit the description!! And I do not want to make the same mistake again.I wonder if any one is able to clear my head and by lessening to some of my tracks could give me an idea to what kind of listings categories I should submit.If my English is not very good I apologize in advance.Thank you very much to you allTINO http://www.broadjam.com/tinoaurelihttp: ... noaureliHi Tino and welcome. First of all, don't worry that you had one submission that didn't fit the listing. That's one of the things that we need to learn as we go through this process.... and even the experienced will get returns because it wasn't quite the right thing. IMO if it costs me $5 to find out how to target something better, I'm fine with that - particularly if I get a critique on top of that.It's really hard for any of us here to listen to all your music and tell you how to submit. The best solution to this issue is for you to choose a specific upcoming listing that you want to submit to... and post the details of the listing and a link to the specific song that you think fits it. then the folks here can give you their opinion.cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:41 am

thanks,Hummin'bird,that sound a realy good idea.regardsTINO

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ddusty » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:13 am

Hi Tino,This is not my area of expertise (are there any? ), but I don't think that grapevine fits well for the listing. The music for news shows is usually a little more upbeat, to grab the listener's attention.the best thing to do for listings that give examples is go and listen to those examples. " check out shows on CNBC, CNN, Fox News, etc. to get a good feel for the styles used."Good Luck,Rob

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 am

Quote:check out shows on CNBC, CNN, Fox News, etc. to get a good feel for the styles used.Also do a web search on phrases like "production music libraries", visit every site that you find, and listen to the demos. Some of these libraries have a genre for news and current affairs.This exercise will help you to understand what these library services want in for genre and you will also learn how good the songs are. Your goal will be to produce music that will compete against these songs.Good Luck,Allen

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi,I only listened to Smoking Gun. It is rather strange but interesting. I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't. It is not a current affairs/new instrumental. Probably some brand of electronica.You could probably find a home for it in Taxi, if you can figure out which home to send it to. The little bit of guitar work in the middle was a nice surprise.

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:52 pm

Thank you to all for the input and direction. I will try and follow your suggestions.