New to Taxi - Got my First Critiques!

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

girlflame

Re: New to Taxi - Got my First Critiques!

Post by girlflame » Fri May 04, 2007 2:15 am

Wow...again, I really appreciate everyone's input. Steve - I agree with you on the chorus lyric and am considering a re-write. It was a very lazy chorus, I admit it. Seemed appropriate at the time I wrote it, but now it feels too simple.I am very grateful for your offer to play on a track - I might just take you up on that, soon!Johnnydean, thanks for the clarification - I think you're right about keyboards on the song.Thanks again to all who posted. You've given me some serious food for thought.LT

mikehelms
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikehelms » Fri May 04, 2007 5:12 am

Hey Angel Voice I was just suggesting those Instruments might be added to the full production.. i thought I kind of heard them in there and that it might lend toward the country side as well... I'd listen to these good people ( I really know squat )And let them lend you a hand... And I'm sure you wont be misguided... Michael

girlflame

Post by girlflame » Sun May 06, 2007 2:25 am

"Angel Voice", heeee! Thanks, Michael!Hope you all are having a great weekend!LT

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Sun May 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Lisa,Just browsed to this thread. While I'm flattered that you folks think that I may be able to add a piano to this song, I honestly don't think it would add or detract from it's chances. I think the demos with guitar and vocal sound great for what they are meant to project, the song in it's pure form. A piano part would give a different vibe but IMO would not necessarily make it any better or improve it's chances. The demos are working for me in their current state.I can't confidently critique the songwriting, particularly lyrically and also stylistically. I'm not immersing myself in country/pop these days but I really like your songs a lot and I think you have a shot if you keep writing and targeting the Nashville scene.You website says City: NY, Las Vegas, Nashville so I'm assuming you are familiar with the way things are done in Nashville. From what I hear, the more you can be there, the more people you meet, and it just goes from there. Good luck, keep up the good work!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!