After 18 months.... the lightbulb finally comes o

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

After 18 months.... the lightbulb finally comes o

Post by arkjack » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:11 pm

I believe the tenacity and persistence is starting to pay off for me in terms of being able to get inside the screener's heads.... that's after all the rants, inquiries, rejects, feedback, reading book after book by Jason Blume, Michael Anderson, Shiela Davis... and any website that posts it..... only took me 18 months to finally get "It" (and not the 'it' you get on Ebay..) Finally last night, the lightbulb clicked on, and ..... I can seeeee!!!! I finally understand all the things they are saying, all the nuances to the critiques, and now I can see what they are really looking for..... I don't know about the rest of you, but I always thought there was something weird as to why a lot of songs weren't passing the bar.... and it really does have nothing to do with production..... It was pretty frustrating not being able to figure out the reason the screeners keep rejecting the songs.... I can hardly wait to get done tax season to start on the rewrites and recordings.... I'm not sure I can .... or want to explain exactly what 'it' is..... its kind of that oooohhhh..... ok .... duuhhh..... So that's where I am tonight.... c ya tamarra....... ArkJack

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: After 18 months.... the lightbulb finally com

Post by horacejesse » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:14 am

It's best to wear a bib during an epiphany.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:39 am

Don't it feel good eh?
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:45 am

Hey Jack I used to play the epiphany... Great at campfires! On a serious note, learning both the craft of songwriting AND production at the same time is a lot to take on at once and one will be a major distraction from the other. Given the goal to pitch songs for Nashville artists, working on the craft is the best thing to focus on first. It seems you've taken major steps in that direction! Kudos to you! Now, if along the way you have a very good song that might be good fit for film/TV, you have the option of getting a pro demo if you have enough tax season money saved up and want to go that route. How many 1040's does it take to afford a demo? LOL Let's get together and write the "1040 Blues" one day soon. Or maybe, "My Baby Did Me Like a Short Form" or "I'm Just a Schedule A Deduction to That Girl"... I'm only a stones-through down the pike from Chez Jack... Casey

michaello3259

Post by michaello3259 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 pm

what is you get