Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Post by johnnydean1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Quote:Quote: I still can't get it to play.Could one of our techie genius's like Case or jeffe do a link.Hey, Johnny, AJ got it to work that way, but maybe Casey will post it, although it probably won't work. Mucho, sorry. Hey Chits,got it to play and I am really sorry to saySimon Cowell moment (pause)I love it!!! where it fits in the big scheme of things I don't know because it's different but I see that as a strength not a problem.I think YOU should go into a studio and you sing it.You have a lovely quality to your voice and though it is a million miles from Enya/Clannad it does have that enigmatic vibe that could just sell it for you.Multi layering of vox I mean.It and you are real

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:14 pm

Quote:(actually come to think of it.... I'm not bothered.... they can do what they want.... I'm goin' fishin' )Therein lies true wisdom, my man. And if you can live with "fishing ain't catching" you can be happy as well as wise.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Quote:Quote:Hey, Johnny, AJ got it to work that way, but maybe Casey will post it, although it probably won't work. Mucho, sorry. Hey Chits,got it to play and I am really sorry to saySimon Cowell moment (pause)I love it!!! where it fits in the big scheme of things I don't know because it's different but I see that as a strength not a problem.I think YOU should go into a studio and you sing it.You have a lovely quality to your voice and though it is a million miles from Enya/Clannad it does have that enigmatic vibe that could just sell it for you.Multi layering of vox I mean.It and you are real Wow, JD, that is very nice of you to say that. Hey, I agree I'm not Enya, not even close, hehe. My voice is fair, not great. However, my goal isn't really to be a singer.....just to sing the demoes of my songs to submit to TAXI.... I'd much rather be a songwriter. Seems like everytime we try to hire a singer, they get drunk! But thanks for the 'real' comment. The guy who did this did it on a little home studio, but I'll take your idea about going into a bigger studio.Had your ripped to it to shreds, I'd take that as a valid critique too...believe me, people have ripped some of my other stuff to shreads.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Quote:Quote:(actually come to think of it.... I'm not bothered.... they can do what they want.... I'm goin' fishin' )Therein lies true wisdom, my man. And if you can live with "fishing ain't catching" you can be happy as well as wise. Ed, you are a man of few words, but good words.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Quote:Quote:Hey Chits,got it to play and I am really sorry to saySimon Cowell moment (pause)I love it!!! where it fits in the big scheme of things I don't know because it's different but I see that as a strength not a problem.I think YOU should go into a studio and you sing it.You have a lovely quality to your voice and though it is a million miles from Enya/Clannad it does have that enigmatic vibe that could just sell it for you.Multi layering of vox I mean.It and you are real Wow, JD, that is very nice of you to say that. Hey, I agree I'm not Enya, not even close, hehe. My voice is fair, not great. However, my goal isn't really to be a singer.....just to sing the demoes of my songs to submit to TAXI.... I'd much rather be a songwriter. Seems like everytime we try to hire a singer, they get drunk! But thanks for the 'real' comment. The guy who did this did it on a little home studio, but I'll take your idea about going into a bigger studio.Had your ripped to it to shreds, I'd take that as a valid critique too...believe me, people have ripped some of my other stuff to shreads. Chits,I don't think I made my point about your voice very well.YOU should be singing.Your voice has a quality,Karen Carpenter,Enya,you should capitalize on that as well as your Country writing.One other small point.I would never critisize anybody who is as dedicated to their songwriting as you are.If I don't like something I just won't say anything.So strart thinking of yoursef as a singer and a writer.$5 Please!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:39 am

Quote:Quote:Wow, JD, that is very nice of you to say that. Hey, I agree I'm not Enya, not even close, hehe. My voice is fair, not great. However, my goal isn't really to be a singer.....just to sing the demoes of my songs to submit to TAXI.... I'd much rather be a songwriter. Seems like everytime we try to hire a singer, they get drunk! But thanks for the 'real' comment. The guy who did this did it on a little home studio, but I'll take your idea about going into a bigger studio.Had your ripped to it to shreds, I'd take that as a valid critique too...believe me, people have ripped some of my other stuff to shreads. Chits,I don't think I made my point about your voice very well.YOU should be singing.Your voice has a quality,Karen Carpenter,Enya,you should capitalize on that as well as your Country writing.One other small point.I would never critisize anybody who is as dedicated to their songwriting as you are.If I don't like something I just won't say anything.So strart thinking of yoursef as a singer and a writer.$5 Please! Actually, I took it in the spirit you meant it, JD, and it's much appreciated. I might pitch this song to a singer/songwriting listing if I can find one for its type genre. However, I'm older, and I doubt they'd want to develop anyone unless they're in the twenties or early thirties. Plus, when you get older, you have only a bit of shelf life left on the 'ole voice. That's the music biz, hehe. If nothing else, I can sing locally which I've thought about anyway....showcasing songs locally....and practicing my guitar more...between you and Horace, I might end up getting my songs out there. Anyway, you folks have a good weekend. See you guys later.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:40 am

HeY cHiTs, just listened. I almost see your face singing it. Nice!I don't know if you've had it rerecorded or remixed yet, but get your voice up louder. Turn down those dang guitars(not the lead tho, just the reglars) Drums - well... you know already. You have such a pleasant voice, it's worthy of hearing it louder. I couldn't really be objective 'cause your such an awesome person, I was overjoyed to hear your work, and proud for ya!let us all know whenever you've got more! steve

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:48 am

Where's Miss Bird when you need her. She would tell you that age is no barrier to singing only the health of your vocal apparatus.There are some trained singers who wont attempt some Wagner until they are well into their forties.I know you are not quite in that league but the same basic rules apply.You only have to listen to A I to hear young singers destroying their voices before their singing career's have begun.End of lecture