Critiques?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Critiques?

Post by amos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:28 am

Hi, I just got my first critique back. I sent in 3 tracks for"InstrumentalTAXI # S070222INEsoteric, cool, atmospheric INDIE-style FILM SCORE MUSIC/INSTRUMENTALS are wanted by an Audio Software Co./Library that specializes in supplying digital media creators the means to create specialized soundtracks for their visual projects (films, TV, ads, etc.). They’re seeking a wide range of score material that would work in, say, a Jim Jarmusch or Quentin Tarantino film. Not big orchestral John Williams stuff - rather, the opposite. Moody, quiet, spatial, unique, dramatic, etc. Important: You must have the original multitracks/stems on hand and available in case the company is interested - you must be able to deliver in stems. Do not submit material that does not meet this criteria - they can’t use it. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 22, 2007. TAXI # S070222IN"but only one of them was critiqued and the rest were returned.Is this normal, only getting one of your pieces critiqued when you send in 3 at once?I'm not complaining about getting the returns, I'm well aware that everybody gets them. I'm just surprised that the other two pieces I sent in didn't have any feedback at all.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Critiques?

Post by gitarrero » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:19 am

if it is really the way you described than that would be strange.I did always get all songs critiqued if I submitted more than one for a listing.but the ciritques to all songs were in ONE critique-formula - are you sure that this isn't the case with your submission?if not I would call taxi and ask them (politely, of course). they were always able to help if I had a problem.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by amos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:50 am

Hey gitarrero, Nope, it doesn't mention any of the other song names and specifically crtiques just the one song. Overall Comments:Interesting track, from the somewhat jarring band entrance to the odd choice of instruments, sounds, samples Acoustic piano, military snare work, pizzicato and overall sense of imagination stand out although this remains somewhat opaque . No really cogent melodic idea emerges, hypnotic effect of the repetition, but seems to lack a ' center' . Create dynamics after the opening establishes the tone, direction here Maybe they're not done with the other critiques? Like I mentioned this would be my first critique, so maybe I should wait a little longer and see if they review my other stuff too.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:19 am

normally you get the critiques for ALL songs submitted to the same listing at the same time.however, the single songs of a "multi-song submission" get ciritqued (..as far as my experience goes) in the same. As I mentioned, I'd call taxi and ask.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments