Need a section for failure stories.....

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Need a section for failure stories.....

Post by arkjack » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Just got another batch of 11 returns.... No complaints.... tiz whatit tiz.... I'm starting to think about retiring some of the tunes .... they just don't seem to get anywhere ....

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Need a section for failure stories.....

Post by davewalton » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Quote:Just got another batch of 11 returns.... No complaints.... tiz whatit tiz.... I'm starting to think about retiring some of the tunes .... they just don't seem to get anywhere .... FWIW, so far I've wound up "retiring" a LOT of tracks. In hindsight I'm glad I did. It got easier especially after I started focusing on new ones. It's been kind of a slow, evolving process. On thing too... at the same time I was "retiring" tracks and developing new ones, I started to try to be more "focused" on which listings I would submit for. I submitted for all kinds of stuff early on because it was hard for me to let all those good opportunities pass me by but my ratio of forwards started to improve by getting more picky with the listings. My submission budget was a little easier to live with too. Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Need a section for failure stories.....

Post by gitarrero » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 am

Quote:I submitted for all kinds of stuff early on because it was hard for me to let all those good opportunities pass me by but my ratio of forwards started to improve by getting more picky with the listings. I think this is something that most of us have experienced at some point... if I don't have something that fits, I don't send it. But I can remember other times (before taxi)... well I guess all of us need to make this experience... apart of that it's good to get familiar with new styles - you produce and submit for a listing that you're not familiar with, get rejected, read the critique, improve your track, submit again...cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments