Forward List?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cannimagine

Forward List?

Post by cannimagine » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:53 am

Is there a list of songs we can listen to that have been forwarded by Taxi? I would be interested in hearing some of those songs.

timthacker

Re: Forward List?

Post by timthacker » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:46 am

I think this is a good idea. Especially if they used BroadJam to upload. It might be dangerous because of the "Mine sounded better than that. Why didn't I get forwarded?" mentality.Tim

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:23 am

Hi... I don't think it would be dangerous. I think it would be informative. Sometimes people announce they've gotten a forward and give you a link so you can listen. Chances are, though, that by the time a forward has happened, the listing is long gone.It would be most interesting for me if Taxi posted the listing and links to the music that was forwarded. But I doubt that would ever happen, since those submitting have the right (and rightly so) to not broadcast their stuff.If you check this thread you'll find places where people have announced their forwards, etc.http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=listingsH
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

moonmusic

Post by moonmusic » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:17 am

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/tedme ... ic.htmThis one was forwarded the other week...Don't remember the exact listing but it was something like: easy listening,relaxing music for a spa hotel chain...Hope this helps...Moon

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:39 am

I'm not aware of such a list...however, there's a list of deals here http://www.taxi.com/transmitter/0502/deals0502.html , where specific song titles are frequently mentioned. You can listen to many of these songs via the broadjam search function. And since deals are what we're ultimately all looking for, I think this list is actually more informative than a list of forwards.matto

bluefish

Post by bluefish » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:39 am

Hello Cannimagine. Great minds think alike?http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... 1109953789

bluefish

Post by bluefish » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:01 am

Too bad Taxi deleted the thread the above post referred to, because many Taxi members really had some great and insightful suggestions. The original correspondence is here:http://www.thomasmoens.com/taxi.htm

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:12 am

Bluefish, I respect your opinions on this matter (and I've read your page), however I would like to point out that Taxi did set up a 'Got a Forward' section as per my request, and that folks who are open to doing so are announcing their forwards and often providing links to the song(s) that made the grade. As I said above, a list of forwards without links to the music would not be helpful to me, although: "It would be most interesting for me if Taxi posted the listing and links to the music that was forwarded. But I doubt that would ever happen, since those submitting have the right (and rightly so) to not broadcast their stuff." I suggested the new section as a compromise, and it seems to be working.H'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

richardstaines

Post by richardstaines » Wed May 10, 2006 10:07 pm

forwarded to a spa hotel easy listening! You can do that yourself surely. I have a CD which is played in a handful of restaurants in the area I live in and it didnt require some strange forwarding mechanism to get that done.I gave the proprietor a CD and they had a listen. Next time I was in the area, they told me they liked it and were using it.Try it yourselves.

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Wed May 10, 2006 10:51 pm

Richard.Do you realise how big the Spa Hotel chain is?It's not a handful of local hotels.The Spa Hotel chain is huge and they probably pay a blanket fee with the Performing Rights Agencies to broadcast the music in their hotels. This amounts to REAL money.How much do you get paid from having your music played in a handful of local restaurants?If I want I can put my homemade CD in a local record store....but it's not the same as having Pinnacle distributing it across the nation on my behalf, is it?