Return envelopes may not have enough postage

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Return envelopes may not have enough postage

Post by davewalton » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:35 pm

Quote:Btw Dave, don't worry about the postage thing, I'm sure you'll get your critique .Not so fast! I just got an email from a reviewer saying that the CD I sent for this was blank. I thought briefly of trying to convince him that the silence was an artistic expression of the void of the universe. Instead I replied with an MP3 link and asked him if I could borrow a 2 cent stamp. Blank CD, not enough postage... I think i pretty much covered the bases on how not to submit music. I'd sign my name but I can't remember what it is...

slimcharm
Impressive
Impressive

Post by slimcharm » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:51 am

Dave you are funny!However your earlier comment..."I have a hard enough time making it on talent, I don't need quality to be against me too." is a concern.You gotta believe Dave. Change your attitude and really really believe in your talent and ability or why do it?

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:25 am

Quote:Dave you are funny!However your earlier comment..."I have a hard enough time making it on talent, I don't need quality to be against me too." is a concern.You gotta believe Dave. Change your attitude and really really believe in your talent and ability or why do it?It was just a tongue-in-cheek, dry-humor comment (followed by a smiley face). However, there is an element of truth in that phrase, as there is so much talent out there that any little advantage helps.

happy
Active
Active

Post by happy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:51 am

Dave, I do snail mail too. Actually, I do FedEx because I work for them But I always check each CD and listen to it all the way through to make sure it copied. Its kind of fun checking the mailbox for those little postcards. My first forward postcard arrived on April 1st , no fooling!
Di