Hip-hop

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

prafitjosiah
Active
Active

Hip-hop

Post by prafitjosiah » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:56 am

I'm seeing very few Hip-hop producers on here, are their any Hip-hop producers getting forwards?

jamkern
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Hip-hop

Post by jamkern » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 am

I've had a couple of hip-hop instrumentals forwarded recently--to VERY interesting places. I'm not neccessarily a hip-hop producer, but I got few tracks in the pile. If I'm not mistaking, there are a couple of forum folks that are having a lot of success in the hip-hop genre. best of luck and post some of your tracks!!!

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:13 am

Yeah, it doesn't matter what style you are, there's always a placement for you in Taxi....I'm keen to hear some of your guys stuff as I'm mainly pop/rock writer but am starting to get into the whole hip/hop/electronic vibe....Laterz

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:32 am

Hey S,There a few guys here that do Hip-Hop tracks. JH pops to mind right away. I just got a Hip-Hop placement a few days ago, and although I don't do urban music exclusively, I love the genre and listen to a great deal of it. If you want to share your tracks for opinions or feedback feel free to post and if you need any advice on beats or synths or whatever just ask and you'll at least hear from a few folks here.Best,Cisco

prafitjosiah
Active
Active

Post by prafitjosiah » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:29 am

Check the tracks I have linked below/http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

prafitjosiah
Active
Active

Post by prafitjosiah » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:31 am

My bad here it is again http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=trueMore tracks to soon come, comments are welcome!! Haven't had a forward yet, but I will soon...

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Hey S,I took a listen to both tracks. On the first track at least one of the horn samples is out of tune with the track. I know working with samples can be a burden to get them to fit into a track, but you have to get in there and tune those samples.The second track didn't seem to have that problem.I'll be very honest with you and say that these tracks are not ready to be pitched and you should go back to the lab and work those drum patterns up. My advice is that you really need to take a listen to the current hot producers out there and straight out steal their drum beat patterns, but not to bite what they are doing. As a matter of fact I'm not advocating plagiarism, but you need to learn beat making by copping the best in the biz and taking note of why a beat works. What is it that makes your head bounce. What elements need to go where and when do you need to change it up to keep it fresh. Once you get some of those things going you will develop your own style.I don't know your situation, what kind of gear you work on, and all that. I would like to help point you in a better direction with sounds, but I need to get an idea of what you can afford. There are solutions out there to get you more in the pocket of what is hot.PM me is you want to discuss offline.All the best,Cisco

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:50 pm

I also do hiphop occassionally. most of my placements in mtv shows (yo mama, next, denied etc) are hiphop.my very first deal through taxi was with a hiphop track - so yes, taxi works for hiphop, too;)cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments