Film Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Film Forward

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:38 am

Quote:Hi Ted,Instead of clicking on the hyper link--- put your cursor and the end( or begining) and high light the light the whole address, then right click your mouse- copy, paste it to the address bar of your browser. sounds complicated but it isn't.After typing all that I realized why not just do it..http://www.taximusic.com:8888/a/aedstro ... 19.mp3hope this works!BobBobNope. It won't even LET me cut and paste. It won't allow me to highlight the entire url. I get the "not allowed" circle with a slash through it. I can either click on the highlighted part, which takes me nowhere I want to go, or nothing. Help?Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

arthurvance

Post by arthurvance » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:26 pm

Sorry that the link didn't work properly. I've now set Hey Doggy to public and edited the link in the original post. Here's the updated link: http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... trueThanks for "trying" to listen!Arthur

ljweber70
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ljweber70 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:23 am

Arthur, great tune! You said the publisher contacted you -- Did you get the song placed in the filrm??? Larry

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:20 am

Very good song for the listing.Congrats.All the best.Tino

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:50 am

Hey Arthur,Congrats on the forward and that is a fun song indeed. I don't think Eminem has anything to worry about, but I'm sure the vocal helped to sell the track based on the listing.Your song was dead on for the listing and you captured what they were asking for on all fronts.Well done!!!Cisco

jamesm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jamesm » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:49 am

Wow! I don't see how they couldn't use this one - I'm expecting to hear it in a film coming soon to my theatre. Great work!A couple of questions for you, and feel free to ignore either or both. I'm just so curious about how everyone works here to produce such incredible work.Did you have this piece already done or did you write it for the listing? It sounds so polished and thought-through. What's generating these sounds? In other words, is it a sample library, a keyboard or keyboards, or ??Really, really impressive. Talk about "ready for primetime". I'm inspired and intimidated at the same time, but I might as well get used to that. It seems to be a regular occurrence for me around Taxi people.

arthurvance

Post by arthurvance » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:36 am

Current status of the Hey Doggy song is that I was told the music supervisor loves the song. Director gave a thumbs up. It's now in the hands of the Producer. I'm not sure, but my song would be replacing either "Who Let the Dogs Out" or Sheryl Crow's "Superstar". Possibly for a montage scene of dogs playing Frisbee, but it could be used other places. Or the scene could get cut and my song not used. ha!Jamesm, I wrote the lyrics/melody specifically for the listing, but a few years ago had written/recorded the bed track as a song about baseball. The music bed is 90% live musicians. For this listing I cut out a few bars using Sonar 7 to make the song tighter. I added a bit of sequenced Korg M3. Live drum kit sounds were enhanced using Drumagog. I performed all the vocals because of the short turn around time. I sang into a Studio Project C1 mic in my basement. I'm sure that Eminem is shakin' in his boots! I also mixed right in my basement which looks/sounds like a basement not a studio. I consider the mix to be rough.Thanks for the positive comments. Yesterday I had a return for a different song and different listing so living the fun ups and downs of the songwriter biz. Continues to reinforce that we need to hit each listing right on the head to have a shot. Thanks again for the support!Art

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:46 am

Art,Keep the good news coming, got my fingers crossed for you..Bob

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:10 am

That's great news! Congrats on the lightning fast progress of this one.