Social Awareness Anyone????

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mrsunshine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Social Awareness Anyone????

Post by mrsunshine » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:47 am

...did anyone go for the 'Social Awareness' cover listing?? Here it is:COVER SONGS THAT RAISE SOCIAL AWARENESS and/or make subtle political statements are needed by a Music Publisher who has signed dozens of TAXI songs/writers. These songs are for a Compilation CD designed to raise social awareness through music and it will be distributed by a Major Retailer, in addition to being utilized for non profit causes. The President of this company will be screening these submissions himself. He's referred to "Stand By Me" or Blind Faith - "Can't Find My Way Home" as great examples of songs that touch on society/war/politics without using an overt or overly persuasive approach. He's really looking for very creative song choices and excellent arrangements, preferably contemporary and unique in the production value/performance. He'd like to have some "hip" versions of songs that signify an important time in America's history, whether from the past or related to current events. He is not interested in an "in your face" lyric that shoves a viewpoint down the listener's throat, but rather a subtle yet emotional relating of a human experience that might revolve around politics/war/homelessness/poverty/abuse/etc. The bottom line for this one is a "real story" told by the common person experiencing life on a very raw, tangible level. You can get creative in terms of style and just about every contemporary/current genre and approach will be considered. No originals for this one, please. Recordings must be at Master quality - excellent home demos should be just fine. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received by October 20, 2008. TAXI #Y081020HAHere is what I worked on...let me know what you guys think and list yours if you did one...http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true(...God Bless you John)...Chuck
Aren't the 'good things that come to those who wait' just the leftovers from the people that got there first?

foglyte
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Social Awareness Anyone????

Post by foglyte » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 am

I like your arrangement, sounds good, nice vocals.I submitted a song too, I have never spent time recording some one else's music in the studio, but it was fun. I don't have the time to post what I did right now.. sorry.Best of luck to the both of us I say.Foglyte

foglyte
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Social Awareness Anyone????

Post by foglyte » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 am

Here's "my" version of the song Get Together. It's posted on my artist page.http://www.taxi.com/lunaumbraFoglyte