Hail to the Chief?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Hail to the Chief?

Post by ncc1701 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:57 am

Quote:NEW LISTING -- ARRANGEMENTS OF "HAIL TO THE CHIEF" in all styles are wanted by an established Music Publisher in Los Angeles. This company specializes in Film/TV placements and has signed many TAXI members. There are no style specifications for this one, but the requested piece MUST be recognizable and applicable in Film/TV scenarios where this song might be called for. It's suggested that fantastic orchestral arrangements might be priority here, but all styles and approaches will be considered. These songs must be recorded at Broadcast Quality (excellent home recordings OK). They offer a nonexclusive, 50/50 split deal - you keep your original copyrights. Broadcast quality needed. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than November 26, 2008.TAXI # Y081126TVJust want to get some knee-jerk reactions to this thought:I can envision plenty of scenes in TV shows and movies where "Hail to the Chief" is played by a struggling middle school or community band for comic effect. Do you think it would be worthwhile to submit a badly-played version? (but a well-recorded one, of course)Kathleen

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Hail to the Chief?

Post by mazz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 am

TAXI might be able to get some clarity on this for you, a quick call might be worth it. I would think, yes, it would be a useful cue to have, in your catalog but don't take my word for it!!! It does say that orchestra would be a priority but all styles and approaches would be considered.HmmmmmmMazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:37 am

OK, thanks, Mazz.I called, and they said that while that isn't exactly what the client is specifying, they might go ahead and forward it if it's well-done and very obviously comical.So now I'm going to go round up all my little fifth-grade friends and invite them into the studio. Ha ha.Kathleen

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by suzdoyle » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:18 pm

I think that's a great idea, Kathleen!I plan to submit a Quirky Hootenanny hoe down kind of version that a made a while ago for a comedy sketch. What the heck -- it's fun taking things waaaaayyyyy outside the box!Suz