"Miles" was forwarded

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

"Miles" was forwarded

Post by jmather » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:13 am

Hello out there!My song "Miles" was recently forwarded for this listing:A wide range of CONTEMPORARY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS (with vocals) are sought by an LA-based Music Library owned by veterans of that industry. NO LOVE SONGS - they're open to all lyrical topics except love/relationship songs as they wish to diversify their catalogue. Great performances are essential, especially vocally. Great choruses and hooks are also paramount. If you were at the rally on Sunday, at the last listening in the ballroom, you might remember this one. It was chosen randomly and the panel referred to it as Paul Simonish, which it very much is. Anyway, check 'er out if you like. My intent was to keep this recording stripped down, as it is when I play it. However I'm thinking that a more produced version may bring it to another level. ?? What do you all hear?http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... nks,Justin

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: "Miles" was forwarded

Post by stick » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:50 am

Nice... cool tune. Well, being a producer, I'd say yeah it needs some production! HA! Seriously, a more produced version can probably be pitched to more listings. Of course, even produced out, it's probably going to be a folk type tune. Though, if you went really different than this version, it could probably be a little more broad. I.e. less "train groove" more half time feel, or something.

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Brian - yup, it will probably remain a folk tune...Thanks man, I appreciate the listen.

ljweber70
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ljweber70 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Congrats on the forward and best of luck!Larry