What am I doing wrong?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

laserdog

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by laserdog » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Think of the thousands of writers out there....you have to play the odds..if your music fits it will be used......I had many forwards and no uses when i was a member back when Taxi was new...now there are countless more members..... but when it came time for my music to be heard....it was heard .... and is still being heard even when i do not know it....i check my BMI account and thank Taxi every time my publisher sells me......be patient ......keep writing, it takes lots of tunes to make the money.......myself, I stick to short cues...they add up. And if someone likes your style, your there.....those :15, :20, :30 cues make me happy...and my pocket.....hang in there.....

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by jchitty » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:43 pm

Well, I might be offputting with my wiseass sense of humor sometimes, but I always think of that Caddy Shack line when it comes to disappointment with some of my musical endeavors."You'll get nothing and like it." It helps me to keep a sense of humor about things.....even if my humor is a little twisted sometimes. Hang in there though.