TIMBALAND "ALA" ICE BOX

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

TIMBALAND "ALA" ICE BOX

Post by jude3 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Tis is "ala" ice box. I think i might call it RICE BOX. hehehehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=88082&stream=1I think it needs something else only i don't know what that is yet.

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: TIMBALAND "ALA" ICE BOX

Post by slideboardouts » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:36 pm

This has MUCH more of a Timbaland vibe going on with it than your other two tracks. Your choice of percussion instruments and the drum program itself are much more in line with what timbaland does. You might want to have a simple and brief little transition into the gated synth part to help bring the listener into it and establish it as the hook. I think there is a pad under the gated synth part but its hard for me to tell since I'm on crappy laptop speakers right now. If there is no pad I might try to add a pad there. Also, the piano chords you hit at the end of the piano sequence are a little on the pop side IMHO. I don't know if you should necessarily change that, but thats probably an area that I would play around with a little.Nice Job!-Steve

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:18 am

Quote:This has MUCH more of a Timbaland vibe going on with it than your other two tracks. Your choice of percussion instruments and the drum program itself are much more in line with what timbaland does. You might want to have a simple and brief little transition into the gated synth part to help bring the listener into it and establish it as the hook. I think there is a pad under the gated synth part but its hard for me to tell since I'm on crappy laptop speakers right now. If there is no pad I might try to add a pad there. Also, the piano chords you hit at the end of the piano sequence are a little on the pop side IMHO. I don't know if you should necessarily change that, but thats probably an area that I would play around with a little.Nice Job!-SteveCool ThanksYeah there is a pad. A big one!It is sittin up under. i could bring it uo a hair

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Hey Jude,Much, much better than the first two tracks we heard!This is sounds a lot closer to Timbaland especially in the drums sounds you used. The gated synth is very reminiscent of ICEBOX.Well done!Cisco