When / how often are listings updated?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

timmcallister
Active
Active

When / how often are listings updated?

Post by timmcallister » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:29 am

i can already see that reviewing/tracking listings might be a chore unto itself.As a brand new member, I have a few q'sHow often to listings come out?Do you get them in email?I see there is a red "new listing" next to some. Does this indicate the new listings for that period only, in other words, once you've read through everything, can I just look at the listing indicated as "new"?How do YOU track and manage listings?thanks - tim

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: When / how often are listings updated?

Post by hummingbird » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:55 am

Quote:i can already see that reviewing/tracking listings might be a chore unto itself.As a brand new member, I have a few q'sHow often to listings come out?Do you get them in email?I see there is a red "new listing" next to some. Does this indicate the new listings for that period only, in other words, once you've read through everything, can I just look at the listing indicated as "new"?How do YOU track and manage listings?thanks - timThe listings come out twice a month, on the 1st of the month and the 15th of the month. The red "New Listing" means that listing was not on the last email. You can get the listings by snail mail or email, I recommend email.How I track listings is... when the new email comes out, I open a word document and I cut & paste every listing that is of interest to me in a word document, in date order. I print that off and have it on my desk as work to do. When the next listings come out, I just choose the 'new listings' that I'd like to work on/submit something to... and copy/paste them in date order & print them off and add them to the listing document I already have. If any of the dates of the 'new listings' should slot in with the existing document, I put an asterik on the top sheet to remind me. I also give myself due dates to try to get something ready a few days before the actual listing deadline in case I need to get feedback on it. Once I've completed & submitted the piece(s) for a listing, it gets crossed off my list.I don't always create/submit to every listing I've chosen to put on my listings list... I just try to get them all in one place, in date order... and then ask myself what I can reasonably do / want to work on.Hope that helps,cheersHummin'bird(PS - there might not be a Jan 1st listing email .... I think they close down for a few days over the hols)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

trentoliphant
Impressive
Impressive

Post by trentoliphant » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:53 pm

Hey, I do something like "the bird". Well almost - I use Notepad, and I don't print it out so the listings are always in date order.I only started doing it a month ago, but I've found that it helps keep me focused on what I feel my current strengths are (admitedly not many right now). I have about 15 in my list that are due in the next 3 weeks, so chances are I won't be able to finish all of them. I'm hoping that as my skills improve, I will be able to go much faster on the individual pieces.Trent

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:32 am

Apparently, I'm a geek by nature with a touch of OCD.I copy and paste all the listings into a web page I created that parses through them and plugs them into a database and then lists them out. Then I click the [ignore] botton on every one I'm not interested in.. ie.. "we're looking for artists" listings.. country listings. Stuff I KNOW I'm not going to submit to. The ones that are important to me get the [MARK] button clicked and they highlight with a different color. Of course, I can sort by any field but I either sort by genre or date. When a listing has expired, it's removed from the list.Eventually, I want to add 'submitted' information to each record so I can go back and do history. When I submitted. What I submitted. Notes. Etc. But I haven't gotten around to it yet.. too busy making music.

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:25 am

Damn Chris!!! That rocks. Michael are you reading this? Taxi should hook up with Chris and add this functionality as an option to our taxi profile.