Major bummer

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Major bummer

Post by ncc1701 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:06 pm

Quote:1980s-era NEW WAVE/POP SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS a la Duran Duran, Flock Of Seagulls, the Go-Go's, Depeche Mode, the B-52's, Adam Ant, the Bangles, Pet Shop Boys, Cyndi Lauper, etc., etc. are wanted by an LA-based Music Library headed by veterans of that industry. No lyrical restrictions -- all themes are OK. All tempos are OK. They want material that sounds like it could have been included on the "Pretty In Pink" or "The Breakfast Club" movie soundtracks -- they need that very authentic 1980s New Wave sound. Great performances are essential. They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 split deal -- you keep your original copyrights. Broadcast quality needed (great-sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than June 8, 2007.TAXI # S070608NWAAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!(Remember that sound Charlie Brown used to make when he tried to kick the football and went flying through the air instead?)I missed the deadline for submitting my '80s song!!!For what it's worth, it's posted on my hosting site:When Love Is GoneAh well, I'll save it for the next time around. Good luck to everyone else who submitted.