Growing Fan Base

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grubb

Growing Fan Base

Post by grubb » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:04 pm

I came across a listing that says: "A great image/look and evidence of a growing fan base helps as well."How do you submit evidence of a growing fan base on-line or snail mail?

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Growing Fan Base

Post by gitarrero » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:55 pm

well - I guess if you're touring extensively and the clubs are crowded, that could be kind of an evidence for example.
production, composition & stringed instruments

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:36 am

Quote:I came across a listing that says: "A great image/look and evidence of a growing fan base helps as well."How do you submit evidence of a growing fan base on-line or snail mail? I think the question depends on: if you submit electronically via Broadjam, does the listing party see your bio? If so, you could cover this that way. If that is not the case, I would guess that you could include a one-pager about yourself with your burrito?Best way to be sure of the answer is to simply call TAXI and ask. Casey

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:07 am

It shows the importance of paying attention in statistics class... I'm pretty well trained, so I can be like the government and make it look like my non-existent sales represent the millions of fans I have following my music.... Seriously, if you are a performing recording artist, you should keep notebooks on your stats... record sales, ticket sales, t shirt sales, attendance at benefits... drink sales ...if the flub owner will give you the data... plus tracking of relational stats such as promotion budget, promotion lead time, promotion saturation... Remembering that this is a business and it does boil down to effective marketing, and the best way to measure marketing effectiveness is through stats... all big businesses as well as certainly the record industry rely heavily on data and statistics.... the data will set you free.... ArkJack

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:17 am

Quote:Quote:I came across a listing that says: "A great image/look and evidence of a growing fan base helps as well."How do you submit evidence of a growing fan base on-line or snail mail? I think the question depends on: if you submit electronically via Broadjam, does the listing party see your bio? If so, you could cover this that way. If that is not the case, I would guess that you could include a one-pager about yourself with your burrito?Best way to be sure of the answer is to simply call TAXI and ask. CaseyIf you go to the bottom of your song list, when submitting, there is a check box for bio & photo. The bio sent is the "short description" posted on your broadjam home page, which doesn't give you a whole lot of space. But you should be able to put in some info about touring, CD sales, etc. The photo sent is the one on your home page.If you want an example of what the bio looks like, go to ( http://www.broadjam.com/vikkiflawith ) and scroll down to 'short description'H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Also, at the rally, record deal listings would like your Soundscan sales reports, but if you are selling at venues and on your own website, it is a bit pricey to join Soundscan (2 artist minimum on label, indie labels are ok, 2 yr minimum in business, $500 to join as a label, and you report every Wed. night. Internet sales are a separate department.)Now, if you sell through Itunes, CD baby etc, then you should list your music in Soundscan (not very expensive at all - I don't remember if there was a price when we sent them in) and then your sales from those outlets are reported. Also, it is always a good idea to track your personal sales off of your site and at venues yourself anyway, keep track of your mailing list growth, etc. as evidence of your fan base and appeal, even if you can't track through Soundscan yet.Hope this helps!

grubb

Post by grubb » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:57 am

Thanks everyone.